Max 26 - finish mower size

/ Max 26 - finish mower size #11  
I have a max 26. Ran a 5 foot woods finish mower just fine . The Woods was heavy

/ Max 26 - finish mower size #12  
Did you get your Max 26 just without the mid mount mower, or without the mid PTO to run it? I kind of like having the mid mount mower on mine. After running a 5' brush hog on the rear I could foresee some maneuvering advantages to the mid mount Mower over a 3 point. Depends on your mowing area though.

/ Max 26 - finish mower size
Did you get your Max 26 just without the mid mount mower, or without the mid PTO to run it? I kind of like having the mid mount mower on mine. After running a 5' brush hog on the rear I could foresee some maneuvering advantages to the mid mount Mower over a 3 point. Depends on your mowing area though.
No mid pto. I decided against the mid mount mower because I will be doing a lot of loader and backhoe work on uneven terrain and in the woods. I was concerned with the mid mount getting hung up and was not crazy about the idea of removing it every time I do that kind of work.

Plus, the dealer was able to get me a machine in that configuration right away from another dealer vs. waiting an unknown amount of time to get one from the factory.

It seems I will be going with the 60" at a minimum. I just need to decide if I will roll the dice on a 72". If I go used it will be easier on the wallet if it turns out to be a mistake.

/ Max 26 - finish mower size #14  
You might check the blade tip speed required to cut the type of gass you will be cutting VS the blade tip speed of the mower you are looking at.

/ Max 26 - finish mower size
I ended up buying a used Frontier GM2072, 72" finish mower. After 2 days of working on the deferred maintenance items I did my trial run. It did a great job with my Mahindra Max26. I used low range and went slow. It still cut my mowing time significantly. Plus the section I tested on was overgrown with 6”-8" bullthistle. Bullthistle is a tough flowering weed. It is rear discharge and I could barely see any clippings.

/ Max 26 - finish mower size #16  
I have a 2516 and love using my 6 foot Farmking finish mower. It will bog down in high grass. Sharp blades help. I definitely needed and have front suitcase weights. The weights come off then I attach the loader, which is only a mild inconvenience…no bracket interference.

/ Max 26 - finish mower size #17  
I purchased a Max 26 without the belly mower. I will get a 3pt finish mower for it. The dealer said the recommended implement size is 48" for basically everything except a rake. I find it hard to believe this 26hp machine can't handle at least a 60" 3pt finish mower. Does anyone have real world experience to help guide me in selecting a finish mower?
I have a max 26 xlt with a 60” Sitrex rear finish mower. It runs it no sweat.