max 24 wont start

/ max 24 wont start
No, You're on the right track I think. Hot is not good.
You have Glow-Plugs so your solenoid is just Open/Closed. 1/0. On/Off. Run/Stop.
You may have either 2 or 3 wire connection. If 3, one is an earth/ground. The other two - There are two coils inside: High current for 'Pull' to pull it Open. Low current for 'Hold' to hold it open after it has Pulled against the 'Close' spring.
I don't know about gold canisters.

i'll shoot you a pic of the canister this weekend, these dogwatches wear me out .
I think its the purge canister because its tee'd into the vapor return line from fuel filter housing back to the fuel tank ?
It's got two wires on it , will throw the fluke on it this weekend , all the fuses are good in entire fuse block and both 50 amp fuses test good.
Fuel solenoid has a white and blue wire with 11.2 volts at terminal.

Fuel routing is from tank -filter-thru canister-to pump - to injectors .
Glow plug is bus or rail type with one hot wire on end, tested 11.5 volts at each glow plug terminal.
Holler at you this weekend on my days off .

Thanks Spanner

/ max 24 wont start #12  
Hmmm. How many volts directly across your battery terminals?

Which wire of fuel solenoid has the 11.2v and when? (Key Off/On/Start/?)

We know your GP's have a single wire but where does it come from (double checking here) and when does the 11.5v appear ( key same as above ) ??

/ max 24 wont start
Finally got a day off
If you need a good laugh read this , turns out the gold canister is the booster pump to prime the main fuel pump , cracked the injector lines , no fuel, cracked the main fuel pump outlet lines, no fuel , booster pump discharge line ,no fuel , got fuel to booster and booster sounds like its working on tractor and bench but will not pump, lines to it is not clogged , dealer wants $140 ordered one on ebay for $8.99 seems there a popular item ?
did I tell you this is my first diesel ?

Thanks Spanner

/ max 24 wont start #14  
Your experience will help others in the future so all is not wasted.

If. in the future "you" are reading this please thank "MadMax24" for his effort.

:cool:

/ max 24 wont start
Your experience will help others in the future so all is not wasted.

If. in the future "you" are reading this please thank "MadMax24" for his effort.

:cool:
Snail mail dropped off the ebay pump last night ,took about 5 minutes to hook up , Tractor runs great
Dealer wanted $149 for pump , the ebay pumps are $8 bucks each , same pump , also for info ,Jegs sells a better pump for $23 under Autobest name brand for $23 , hope this helps someone in future ?
Thanks Spanner and every one that chimed in

/ max 24 wont start #17  
I have a Max24 with a different 'failure to start' issue. I used it 2 days ago, with no issues. Today, the starter will not engage. Good power to all other systems, lights, turn signals and glow plugs. I checked the fuse block and found no fuses blown. I thought possibly it might be an out of adjustment clutch linkage so I tightened the linkage about 2 full turns but, still nothing. I checked the seat safety switch which seems to be working. I even jumped them out to make sure and still no power to the starter. I'm stumped.

UPDATE:
I found a youtube video that showed not only the 2 safety switches that I was aware of but, 3 others. It is here:
It was quite informative.
Lo and behold, apparently, I bumped one of the PTO levers when dismounting........ after checking them, boom, ignition.....
Live and learn........

Last edited: