max 24 wont start

/ max 24 wont start #1  

MadMax24

Tractor
2015 Mahindra Max 24
Hello everyone , new member here

Got a 2015 max24 with 25 hrs on it , wont start , blew black smoke at first , fuel smelled like thinner so i changed the filter and drained the tank , filled with fresh diesel, spins over good but no start ?

Fuel stop solenoid ? or Glow plug problem ?

/ max 24 wont start #2  
Was it running at all before changing the filter & fuel?

Did you bleed the fuel system after changing filter & fuel?

When cranking the engine over do you see any white smoke exiting the exhaust?

Can you test (Do you know how to test) power to the GP's with a Multi-meter or Test lamp?

/ max 24 wont start
Was it running at all before changing the filter & fuel?

Did you bleed the fuel system after changing filter & fuel?

When cranking the engine over do you see any white smoke exiting the exhaust?

Can you test (Do you know how to test) power to the GP's with a Multi-meter or Test lamp?

Wasnt running before , it would spin over and belch black smoke, I can test the glow plugs when i get home from work, if there ok should i crack the injector lines and spin it over until it burps fuel ?
No white smoke .

Thanks Spanner

/ max 24 wont start #4  
Yes test GP's.
Black smoke kind-of implies fuel solenoid is allowing fuel through but it wouldn't hurt to bleed the injection pipes anyway.

Can you apply a jumper battery to enhance the cranking speed also?

/ max 24 wont start
Yes test GP's.
Black smoke kind-of implies fuel solenoid is allowing fuel through but it wouldn't hurt to bleed the injection pipes anyway.

Can you apply a jumper battery to enhance the cranking speed also?

I was thinking fuel solenoid , seems they had a problem with in the past ?
Will do the burp test on injector lines tomorrow . Fluke meter read good on glow plugs.
i can hear the solenoid click for a second when key is turned on ?
I'm an old fart , this is my first tractor , but the little diesel looks simple , I restore old cars on off time , gas motors are a breeze to me , probably overcomplicating it ?

Thanks Spanner

/ max 24 wont start #6  
Mitsubishi built machines don't require bleeding air from the lines.

/ max 24 wont start
Mitsubishi built machines don't require bleeding air from the lines.

Just read that in the owners manual , some type of self purge system on these little Mitsubishi engines.

I'll look at it again tomorrow , hanging sheetrock today from Hurricane Harvey damage .

I'm leaning towards fuel solenoid , will pull and test it .

Thanks Pilgrim

/ max 24 wont start #8  
Just read that in the owners manual , some type of self purge system on these little Mitsubishi engines.

I'll look at it again tomorrow , hanging sheetrock today from Hurricane Harvey damage .

I'm leaning towards fuel solenoid , will pull and test it .

Thanks Pilgrim
Electric lift pump? Self-bleeding to the IP. ?

If you're getting 'black' smoke surely that's burnt fuel? White smoke is unburnt fuel, Either way it's fuel. So why do you suspect the solenoid?

/ max 24 wont start
sorry about the late response , working nights now .

The only thing left in the fuel system is fuel stop solenoid and a small gold colored canister I assume to be a purge canister ?
My thinking was the stop solenoid opens wide open for start then cuts back half way to run position ? messed with it a little bit yesterday between mowing grass and hanging sheetrock , would puff a little white smoke and the fuel solenoid would get hot to the touch , Am I all wrong here ?

/ max 24 wont start #10  
No, You're on the right track I think. Hot is not good.
You have Glow-Plugs so your solenoid is just Open/Closed. 1/0. On/Off. Run/Stop.
You may have either 2 or 3 wire connection. If 3, one is an earth/ground. The other two - There are two coils inside: High current for 'Pull' to pull it Open. Low current for 'Hold' to hold it open after it has Pulled against the 'Close' spring.
I don't know about gold canisters.