Massey discontinuing 1700 series?

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #11  
   / Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #12  
looks like Tier 5 may cost the PTO a few more HP than earlier models...

Both models lose over 10 hp from engine rated, to PTO rated

1840M
39.4 engine HP PTO 27.9 HP

DOC and DPF equipped

That is a Massey quirk. They have been that way for years

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #13  
I bought one. I got the 1835MH with cab. I bought it last week and put it on the trailer but have yet to take it off the trailer. This weekend will be the first time I really get to test it out.

He didn't have the 1840 there but I would have bought this one anyway. The 1835m is 36.2 hp while the 1840m is 39.4 hp. Really wasn't enough gain to make me want to pay any more for the tractor.

One advantage is that the tractor drivetrain is now completely Iseki from front to back. It is Tier 5 but at this point that means very little until we get some experience with it. Regen looks pretty easy to do and is an auto-regen so it'll run while you work with no significant power loss. It can also do the regen in park.

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #14  
When I clicked on that 1800 model it just showed an 1835 and 1840. Maybe there are more to come. I just hope this isn't a tier 5 engine redo. (Europe is at tier 5 now right?)

The changed frame sizes. 35 and 40 are on one size frame and the others are on a little larger frame. Both are supposed do be bigger than the 1700 series frame but I don't know that is fact. So the 35 and 40 are out first with the others to follow.

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #15  
I wam interested in this tractor and stopped in a dealership today. They didn稚 have a version of that tractor (either 50, 55 or 60 hp), but will call me when he gets one in.

This guy said that CAT bought the prior engine manufacturer and the new engine didn稚 have the no dpf/regen technology so that was the reason for the change.

So if CAT bought the prior engine mfg, they them bought Mitsubishi engines? I have a 1736 (cab) and I believe it is Mitsubishi powered?

LM

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #16  
So if CAT bought the prior engine mfg, they them bought Mitsubishi engines? I have a 1736 (cab) and I believe it is Mitsubishi powered?

LM

It is now Iseki powered. Iseki already made the rest of the drivetrain on the 1700 series. Now with the 1800 series they make the entire drivetrain. I have the 1835MH cab. I have only put 20 hours on it thus far.

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #17  
The newer 17M series were Shibaura engines