Massey discontinuing 1700 series?

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #1  

ebreard

Tractor
John Deere 3032
Just had a conversation with a dealer trying to get a price on a 1760 and they said it was being replaced with a 2860? I don't see that on Massey's website. Why would they discontinue after a few years, they seemed popular. Anyone know if the new ones will have re-gen?

Thanks,

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #2  
I heard that they were updating the tractors. A new model designation isn't unusual and the website shows a new 1800M with 36-59 HP just like the 1700M series

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series?
When I clicked on that 1800 model it just showed an 1835 and 1840. Maybe there are more to come. I just hope this isn't a tier 5 engine redo. (Europe is at tier 5 now right?)

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #4  
When I clicked on that 1800 model it just showed an 1835 and 1840. Maybe there are more to come. I just hope this isn't a tier 5 engine redo. (Europe is at tier 5 now right?)

I see tier V as being good news!
It would raise the values of my Ford 1920, and Kubota L48 TLB even more.
Anyone rooting for Tier 6 ?

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #5  
It's a tier 5 emission, verified in a video done by Vahrenberg Implement. Changed engine supplier to Iseki, which means it's a new engine, transmission, and other things supplied by Iseki. A little different look on the hood, but what I saw in his video of the 1835m and 1840m, it was essentially very similar to the 1700 premium series.

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series?
with Regen?

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #7  
Yes, in his video he said maybe a few times a year based on hours and usage.

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #8  

The new tractor emissions requirements for Europe were supposedly to be applied in 2020 with a year to move old stock but got postponed a year due to Covid related stuff.

/ Massey discontinuing 1700 series? #10  
I wam interested in this tractor and stopped in a dealership today. They didn’t have a version of that tractor (either 50, 55 or 60 hp), but will call me when he gets one in.

This guy said that CAT bought the prior engine manufacturer and the new engine didn’t have the no dpf/regen technology so that was the reason for the change.