massey 461 first review

/ massey 461 first review #11  
The loader may be slower than a similar sized compact, but the lift power & stability of the machine will be much greater. I didn't think the speed on them was awful, just needed to be run above an idle for better cycle times

/ massey 461 first review
Well i'm such an idiot. I didn't even think about the engine speed. This tractor is so strong at low RPM i decided to do most of my work in the 1000-1100 rpm range. No wonder the loader was slow. On the Kubota and Deere 990 i was running around 2000-2300 just to keep the power up. I couldn't believe it but i actually pulled a 7 1/2ft disk with 20" harrows totally sunk up idling in a higher gear. The Kubota MX5100 would just choke under these conditions. Little less hp but man feels like a lawn mower compared to this thing. Anyway, next time i'll idle up to 1600-1800rpm to see how it does.

thanks for the info.

/ massey 461 first review #13  
Sawtooth

Sure like to see a pic or two of that "461" when you can get around to it. :thumbsup:
Boone

/ massey 461 first review #14  
You may b bypassing in your cylinders. That loader should pick the front end of the tractor off the ground, if it wont id check your cylinders

Sawtooth

Sure like to see a pic or two of that "461" when you can get around to it. :thumbsup:
Boone

Well there i go again putting down Kubota when its really a great tractor. Sorry about that i'm just amazed at the power of this Massey. Their just made for different purposes. I tried to attach a picture so lets see if it works.

Attachments

• IMG00106-20100802-1621.jpg
    IMG00106-20100802-1621.jpg
    885.2 KB · Views: 901
You may b bypassing in your cylinders. That loader should pick the front end of the tractor off the ground, if it wont id check your cylinders

Sorry for the dumb question but how do i check my cylinders? Would like to do so if possible. Thank you

/ massey 461 first review #17  
run tractor at 540 operating speed. place bucket flat on ground and roll your bucket down, it should lift the tractor off the ground if it dont then you prob have a blown seal. now check the lift cylinders by pointing the bucket straight down and puch ur loader down and this should also loft the front of the tractor off the ground

thanks guys for the help. As instructed i ran the rpms up a bit this time and all is well. Thing just has so much power i was basically idling as i was trying it the first go around.