Massey 1734e vs delux vs Kioti CK3510se

/ Massey 1734e vs delux vs Kioti CK3510se #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
Decided to go to the dealer in town that sells both Massey and Koiti while they were closed- they let people take a look when they are closed.

I really like the Massey 1734e with the exception of:
No mid PTO (want front snow blower)
Forward and reverse pedals (treadle I think it's called)
FEL controls are too far forward

Wife and I walked over to the Kioti's just to take a look and they had a CK3510se with Cab. Boy... it was a mistake sitting in it... the seat is so nice and cusiony, cab is quiet, lots of features...

I will go in and ask about pricing on that but am afraid of the extra cost for the cab; either way I may like the se over the Massey with the added features. I "plan" to keep this tractor for many years and am trying to decide on that decision many have to make- cab or no cab.

I've said this in other threads, what I plan to do our our current property and next (house hunting for more land):
  1. Drag cut trees (would not be cutting near the machine)
  2. Moving compost, dirt, etc
  3. Snow blowing
  4. Moving hay
  5. Raking garden beds
  6. POSSIBLY mowing
  7. Going through the woods on a trail (may need to use the pole saw to cut those branches in the way) while dragging some branches

/ Massey 1734e vs delux vs Kioti CK3510se #2  
I have no cabs cheaper, no broken glass, easier to get in and out of, But cold in the winter , So its up to you If you plan on keeping it a long time the extra money wont matter.....:2cents:

/ Massey 1734e vs delux vs Kioti CK3510se #3  
I went kioti. Honestly didn’t compare against MF primarily looked at Kubota L3301 and L3901) but looking at TractorData with kioti you get a little more width, quite a bit more engine displacement/likely = torque, and a ton more loader capacity. And no turbocharger for maintenance issues. Not enough to rule the MF out if it fits you or your budget better, but if all else is equal then it seems clear.

/ Massey 1734e vs delux vs Kioti CK3510se #4  
I have a MF1734e, like it a lot, simple and robust, and I do everything I want with it. For work in the wood the cabin will be on the way. The Kioti as more feature with a cabin and will compare more with the MF1735M. But more expensive.

/ Massey 1734e vs delux vs Kioti CK3510se #5  
If I ever replace my tractor my next will have a cab

/ Massey 1734e vs delux vs Kioti CK3510se #6  
I would never consider a tractor without a cab for blowing snow.

/ Massey 1734e vs delux vs Kioti CK3510se #7  
My dealer sells both Kioti and Massey. A better comparison would be with the Massey 17M series. Both salesman told me if money is not much of a factor they would purchase the Massey hands down. Everyone has their own opinions though so this is not bashing anything about Kioti. One thing to look at is underneath both tractors, see which one is more protected, this makes a big difference if you are in the woods or the thick.

/ Massey 1734e vs delux vs Kioti CK3510se #8  
Snow blowing without a cab is something you watch on You Tube. Massey 1742 cab tractor here, cozy when snow blowing, cool when bush hogging.

/ Massey 1734e vs delux vs Kioti CK3510se #9  
I have a 1734e, and I have been very happy with it. We rarely get snow of any consequence here, when we have a bit I have been able to handle it with the bucket and blade, it's pretty cold work on an open station tractor. If I had to use a snow blower I am sure that I would not like my tractor very well having to drive backwards out in the open! The Koiti sounds like it fits your needs better.

/ Massey 1734e vs delux vs Kioti CK3510se #10  
In my opinion, both a cab and mid pto are mandatory for snow blowing. Operating a blower while backing up is almost as bad as doing it without a cab.

I have a 1734e, and I have been very happy with it. We rarely get snow of any consequence here, when we have a bit I have been able to handle it with the bucket and blade, it's pretty cold work on an open station tractor. If I had to use a snow blower I am sure that I would not like my tractor very well having to drive backwards out in the open! The Koiti sounds like it fits your needs better.