Market Watch

/ Market Watch #501  
Word Salad

/ Market Watch #502  
The difference is the rate and production of the process, not the process itself. Clearly the science works. Keep in mind that it is not just a scientific theory, but a mature technology based on that theory that is being used all over the world to tap into oil today.

Many articles say that the process is continuous, but they also say that the rate changes the output. And that is the point they are making. Not surprising, most processes produce at a rate dependent on conditions.

In this case the initial conditions for a rate to produce well include a saturated carbon rich atmoshere, a dense biomass, techtonic activity over eons, and then a few million years to deposit commercial quantities.

That isn't flat earth, and wishing won't make it work.
Don't you find it a bit odd when people believe what they wish for instead of what is all around them?
Geologic science, organic chemistry, and petroleum engineering are university majors that have been mature science for a long, long time. You are correct. And fossil fuels like oil and coal are indeed organic matter of many origins compressed under extreme heat and pressure for eons of time. Yes they are being created continuously, but this occurs on geologic time, not human time.

/ Market Watch #503  
Geologic science, organic chemistry, and petroleum engineering are university majors that have been mature science for a long, long time. You are correct. And fossil fuels like oil and coal are indeed organic matter of many origins compressed under extreme heat and pressure for eons of time. Yes they are being created continuously, but this occurs on geologic time, not human time.
If it is science, it is never truly settled. They have definitely proven than oil is produced by the earth without biological components. The old myth has been disproven. Oh it is still being taught because people don't like change or admitting they were wrong. That and if oil is renewable that flies in the face of the political piece.

It turns out that planets and moons that have never had life also have oil! What!

/ Market Watch #504  
If it is science, it is never truly settled. They have definitely proven than oil is produced by the earth without biological components. The old myth has been disproven. Oh it is still being taught because people don't like change or admitting they were wrong. That and if oil is renewable that flies in the face of the political piece.

It turns out that planets and moons that have never had life also have oil! What!

Not arguing with you. You can take your theories up with the geology and chemistry professors. Im going with the geology and organic chemistry textbooks. I’ve had both classes, but it’s not my field of expertise. I do however respect the opinions of who do have expertise in those fields.

/ Market Watch #505  
Not arguing with you. You can take your theories up with the geology and chemistry professors. Im going with the geology and organic chemistry textbooks. I’ve had both classes, but it’s not my field of expertise. I do however respect the opinions of who do have expertise in those fields.
The science has changed since you and I were in college. Read the studies.

/ Market Watch #506  
If oil is not recycled dinosaurs, how do you explain this oil company?
IMG_1610.png

Last edited:
   / Market Watch #507  
“After being left alone for the holidays, eight-year-old Kevin McCallister famously went grocery shopping in the 1990 classic "Home Alone," purchasing a large haul of food and everyday household items for under $20.

With today's prices, however, McCallister would need a lot more in his piggy bank and Americans are taking notice.

Items including a half gallon of milk, a half gallon of orange juice, a TV dinner, bread, frozen mac and cheese, laundry detergent, cling wrap, toilet paper, a pack of army men and dryer sheets cost the character, played by Macaulay Culkin, $19.83.

Kevin McCallister bought milk, juice, laundry detergent, frozen dinners and much more for under $20 in 1990's "Home Alone."

Last year, the same grocery list cost $44.40, and this year, it costs a whopping $72.28 in 2023.”

Astounding, if true….

/ Market Watch #508  
The science has changed since you and I were in college. Read the studies.
The ones you posted were consistent with the preponderance of science. There is no rapid production of oil by earth processes. It’s not renewable on a human time scale.

/ Market Watch #509  
Not a day goes by when I’m taken back at prices both for personal and on the job.

Grocery shopping is much more price conscious and sale will often be deciding factor.

/ Market Watch #510  
Exactly. I have enough pantry and freezer space so that what I don't grow in the garden, I can wait for sales and stock up.