Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer??

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #51  
Electric can make a lot of sense for those who drive predictable distances and can charge at home. The real challenge is throughput at commercial charging stations. It's always going to take a much longer time to charge a battery than to fill a tank. And I think fast chargers are always going to be a lot more expensive than gas pumps, just based on the physics involved. I'm not sure anyone has looked seriously at how many charging stations would really be required for a lot of electric cars.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #52  
Just seen where it took a person 15 hours to drive 178 miles with waiting in line at a charging station and then actually charging his EV. No thank you, I'll pass wasting $60,000 on an EV.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer??
Just seen where it took a person 15 hours to drive 178 miles with waiting in line at a charging station and then actually charging his EV. No thank you, I'll pass wasting $60,000 on an EV.
I have driven in a Tesla and yes it was nice and beat my brothers Mustang GT in a drag ! Until they can make a proven truck to do truck things I'll wait . My daughter lives in Boise Idaho. Very nice Country . I've been to the hot springs many times . We might even move there when we retire .

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #54  
Interesting. Could use any energy source to generate electricity, and make fuel from co2. Did i miss where the hydrogen came from?
Just fire up the fusion reactors. Plenty of energy to make liquid fuel.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #55  
This seems like the perfect answer to the fuel crisis. Why are we not seeing this being scaled up and built in every country??

I have good news for you, we already are turning atmospheric carbon dioxide into hydrocarbon fuels, and this is already being done in nearly every country in the world. Even better, essentially all of the fuels we burn are already were made from atmospheric carbon dioxide!

You do realize that plants take in atmospheric carbon dioxide, combine it with hydrogen from water, and then turn that into hydrocarbons? And you do also realize that hydrocarbons originally from plants comprise essentially all of the fuels we burn, right?

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #56  
I have good news for you, we already are turning atmospheric carbon dioxide into hydrocarbon fuels, and this is already being done in nearly every country in the world. Even better, essentially all of the fuels we burn are already were made from atmospheric carbon dioxide!

You do realize that plants take in atmospheric carbon dioxide, combine it with hydrogen from water, and then turn that into hydrocarbons? And you do also realize that hydrocarbons originally from plants comprise essentially all of the fuels we burn, right?
you are correct but it is hard to get the airplanes to run on wood.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #57  
Whenever the government comes up with a stupid idea that they want to force on everybody, people come out of the woodwork with what they believe to be better ideas – that presumably should be forced on everybody instead of the government's stupid idea. Hey, my central planning is better than their central planning!

As a reminder, here is how it is supposed to work in a free society:
  • Entrepreneur has an idea.
  • Entrepreneur uses his own money, or that of voluntary investors, to bring his idea to market.
  • One of two things happens: Either consumers love the idea, causing the inventor to make a profit and others to copy him, or consumers hate the idea and he goes bankrupt, at which point other people who might be able to better utilize his resources to satisfy consumer preferences buy his assets at fire-sale prices and give it a go.
I wonder where everyday technology would be if the US government had not put secrecy orders on over 5000 patents?

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer??

Yes totally understand. I’m guessing we don’t have a million years to wait for the oil . There is billions of barrels under the ground already made it’s just the government won’t let us drill for it .

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #59  
Yes totally understand. I’m guessing we don’t have a million years to wait for the oil . There is billions of barrels under the ground already made it’s just the government won’t let us drill for it .
Not true, they don't want to drill it and extract cause it will decrease the price.