mail-order made-up hydraulic hoses

/ mail-order made-up hydraulic hoses #1  

Jframe

I live in a town that cannot be reached by road. Most home items are purchased by mail-order. Looking at the hoses on the FEL and BH on my compact tractor it seems to be a good time to replace all 26 hoses. All are 1/4 or 3/8 NPT. Lengths are up to 108 inches. Does anyone have experience with mail-order hoses they can recommend? As everything comes by barge or air I try to deal with vendors that offer free shipping and most of the time that is successful. For instance I bought front ag tires just the other day and shipping was free. Thanks.

/ mail-order made-up hydraulic hoses #2  
Sorry to offer a off topic reply but my experience has made me leary of foreign made hose.

I have my hoses made local but one place I started out using was selling some hose that was made in Italy. I have had those deteriorate quickly. One completely failed in 3 years time.

I have switched to a Carquest that makes and sells Gates. They are more expensive. I hope it pays off.

/ mail-order made-up hydraulic hoses #5  
These folks have excellent personalized service:

Made-To-Order Hose Assemblies | Discount Hydraulic Hose

Tho I buy most of my hydraulic adapters and sometimes hoses from DHH, I have received some hoses made-to-order from them that disintegrated in a few years. Others were fine.

I try to get standard lengths if I can, and Surplus Center hoses have always been excellent.

Last few hoses I bought were from Kubota (Messicks in PA), and surprisingly these OEM hoses were priced fairly. I never go to local shops anymore.

/ mail-order made-up hydraulic hoses #6  
yeiks...26 hoses. when i have replaced mine the technician always wanted me to bring in the old hose so he could match it up 100%. they use gates materials. straight fittings isnt an issue, but have even a slight bend to the fitting and they really need to match up the rebuild to the original hose if you dont want a swearing fest back at the ranch. been there done that.

/ mail-order made-up hydraulic hoses
Thanks to everyone for the responses. I chose one of the vendors suggested in the replies, and have emailed both a list of the needed hoses and diagrams from the FEL and BH manuals to that vendor. The tractor is an older Yanmar made in Japan for the US market. It was delivered with the FEL and BH, and those were made in the US for Yanmar with Yanmar labels. I am the second owner.

/ mail-order made-up hydraulic hoses #8  
   / mail-order made-up hydraulic hoses #10  
another vote for Discount Hydraulics, used them to replace every hose on my Ford TLB, great people to work with!