Mahindra pulling out of dealership

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #21  
Pure speculation but maybe New Holland pressured them to drop Mahindra.

Rick, you may be right.

A local dealer here was selling Kubota and NH. NH said all or nothing. Drop Kubota or NH. He dropped NH. Now, I have 2 blue tractors with no dealer support for 100 miles.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #22  
I am aware of a long time successful Case construction & Kobelco multi store dealership. Case brass expressed displeasure with the amount of Kobelco wholegoods on the dealers lots and suggested that needed to change. The dealer cancelled his Case contract.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #23  
So Burnips equipment stopped selling Mahindra, but they said they were going to continue selling parts. I went today to buy a little lining/washer for $10, they now want to charge freight for parts. So on top of the cost of the part they want $15 for shipping cost. It was bad enough to lose the dealership for warranty work, now I can稚 get parts anywhere within an hour drive. And being Mahindra I can稚 find much for parts online

Call Dave's Tractor in Red Bluff, CA he can help you.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #24  
My local Mahindra dealer was not very helpful when I was shopping for a new tractor earlier this year. It cost them a sale. Just silly to buy a machine from a dealer that does not know their product line and is unresponsive when you are ready to buy.

Blaming Corporate is easy to do but sometimes dealers are there own worst enemy. In the end, it is about sales and service. Fail on either count and a dealer will not last. Fail on both, and the end is quicker.

Not sure about this case, but not all corporations are as stupid as some want to believe. They would not pull the plug on a "good" dealer and would stay with a "poor" dealer until they found a replacement. This dealer will be replaced and I suspect owners will be better off in the long run.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #25  
The two closest Mahindra dealers to me have closed in the last year. One was a shady little operation with limited inventory and unimpressive staff. The other was considerably larger with a great salesman. It had two locations, and the other one is still operating.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #26  
So Burnips equipment stopped selling Mahindra, but they said they were going to continue selling parts. I went today to buy a little lining/washer for $10, they now want to charge freight for parts. So on top of the cost of the part they want $15 for shipping cost. It was bad enough to lose the dealership for warranty work, now I can稚 get parts anywhere within an hour drive. And being Mahindra I can稚 find much for parts online

We have parts look up and ordering online for your Mahindra tractor and would be happy to ship you the parts.
NewEnglandTractor.com

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #27  
We have parts look up and ordering online for your Mahindra tractor and would be happy to ship you the parts.
NewEnglandTractor.com

That逞エ great, thanks. Can I get a price on part number 15965120021? I can稚 IM here, so I sent an email from the website.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #28  
The two closest Mahindra dealers to me have closed in the last year. One was a shady little operation with limited inventory and unimpressive staff. The other was considerably larger with a great salesman. It had two locations, and the other one is still operating.

I hear you . . . Ernie? . . . you bailed. :rolleyes:

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #29  
In my area there have been two Mahrindra dealerships. One is a good friend. The other was new to Mahrinda with their full product line. Both my friend and the Kubota dealership parts guy told me they will not make it with Mahrinda's way of doing business. Based upon what I have been "told" Mahrinda begins warranty when the tractor hits the dealership, the dealership is a big part of the warranty with Mahrinda not supporting the warranty as strong as other brands do. Know my friend is not able to get parts from Mahrinda any longer.

I have no problem with a company terminating a dealership nor the dealer terminating a product line. However when you see a company contracting with new dealers and not too long in future the contracting being terminated it makes me wonder.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #30  
In my area there have been two Mahrindra dealerships. One is a good friend. The other was new to Mahrinda with their full product line. Both my friend and the Kubota dealership parts guy told me they will not make it with Mahrinda's way of doing business. Based upon what I have been "told" Mahrinda begins warranty when the tractor hits the dealership, the dealership is a big part of the warranty with Mahrinda not supporting the warranty as strong as other brands do. Know my friend is not able to get parts from Mahrinda any longer.

I have no problem with a company terminating a dealership nor the dealer terminating a product line. However when you see a company contracting with new dealers and not too long in future the contracting being terminated it makes me wonder.

I am not a Mahindra fan, I worked for one of their dealers until the dealer dropped the line. But the Mahindra warranty start date info you repeatedly post is incorrect. Warranty starts at the sale date.