Mahindra pulling out of dealership

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #11  
I think if you're in that area and Burnips was your only dealer you have a legitimate reason to send a question through to Mahindra corporate and ask what their plans are to service and support your purchase going forward.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #12  
I was under the impression that Burnips Equipment is the one who decided to not carry Mahindra. Not the other way around.

Either way it sucks because they are 5 miles from my house. And now I’m looking at the Max 26 and need to drive an hour to Three Rivers.

But, after looking at Deere, New Holland, and others I think I want the Max 26

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #14  
Maybe. What I heard, no idea if it’s true, is that dealership’s were dropping Mahindra due to issues getting paid for warranty work

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #15  
I was under the impression that Burnips Equipment is the one who decided to not carry Mahindra.

It is common to lay blame elsewhere when products will no longer be represented. Unless you see a termination letter from one of the parties, it's hard to decide which made the decision.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #16  
There appears to be a lot of dealership changes going on with Mahindra in the past couple of years, and especially lately. And since I don't believe in coincidences, I suspect (from my years in corporate world) that there may be a concerted effort to "update" their dealerships nationwide to align more effectively with corporate goals and standards.

Plays havoc with us customers for a while, but if the strategy is successful, it could be a long term benefit.

I lost my dealer about a year ago. According to him, Mahindra demanded he essentially double the number of tractors on his lot, if not more. This dealer was in BFE in the middle of very rural farm land. (25 miles from me) He sold a good amount of units, but not enough in Mahindra's mind (surprise, surprise).

But...a couple of months ago, all of a sudden, I see Mahindra tractors (a bunch of them) show up on an irrigation supplier's lot. Then Kioti, then Deutsch (?), and Yanmar. This guy is located right in-between the JD & Kubota dealers. Half a mile each way. So literally over nite, he's gone from being a nothing tractor dealer, to one of, if not the biggest dealer in a 100 mile radius. And he's only 1.5 miles from my house! And in the past couple of months, since he's had the brands, he's sold a bunch of them!

I sympathize with your frustration with losing the dealer, but it just may work out better for you soon. Sure hope so!

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #17  
It is common to lay blame elsewhere when products will no longer be represented. Unless you see a termination letter from one of the parties, it's hard to decide which made the decision.

I got a letter from Burnips, but I don’t remember a real explanation on it.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #18  
IMG_0435.JPG This is the letter I received!

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #19  
I wish corporations woulds stop bullying dealers. ENOUGH is never ENOUGH! No place in this world for the little guy that offers personalized service, and just wants to sell a few machines, not more every year!

I for one, want to pay for a machine. NOT big fancy buildings, signs and crazy high overhead. All kinds of people running around (that you are expected to pay for) looking busy and in the end, no one can fix your whatever!

Last edited:
   / Mahindra pulling out of dealership #20  
So Burnips equipment stopped selling Mahindra, but they said they were going to continue selling parts. I went today to buy a little lining/washer for $10, they now want to charge freight for parts. So on top of the cost of the part they want $15 for shipping cost. It was bad enough to lose the dealership for warranty work, now I can’t get parts anywhere within an hour drive. And being Mahindra I can’t find much for parts online