Mahindra pulling out of dealership

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #31  
I was at my local dealer yesterday and asked them about Mahindra wanting more space on lots and how it was being a dealer for them. Sales guy said they were doing some "auto ship" policy, and it was accidently flooding some of the dealers with stuff they didn't really want. So usually if they sell something they keep in stock, when it sold, Mahindra would just automatically send another, this was good for most tractors sold. However, if you special ordered one for a customer, Mahindra was auto-shipping those. Since they were special orders for other customers they started stacking up, and this led to big discounts early this year until Mahindra stopped doing that.

Says they like selling them though. I think this is about their 3rd year as a dealer.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #32  
I am not a Mahindra fan, I worked for one of their dealers until the dealer dropped the line. But the Mahindra warranty start date info you repeatedly post is incorrect. Warranty starts at the sale date.

Thanks for the info. Could be something that changed or could have misunderstood him. I am certain he was clear the dealership was not supported for warranty the same as other brands they handled. I will ask him on this when I get chance but he was a dealer a few years back, maybe when they first were moving into our area. Funny saying that, now nearest is over 70 miles away. In that radius there are at least half dozen JD, four or so Case, NH, Kubota not sure on MF. and that radius takes into consideration I am only 20 miles from the ocean so basically little over half a circle.

/ Mahindra pulling out of dealership #34  
Strangely, the Mahindra website shows that the new Mahindra dealer is a trailer dealer south of Grand Rapids. On that dealer's website there's not one mention of Mahindra or tractor. I can't imagine that Mahindra would have dumped Burnips without having a solid replacement dealer lined up -- that's Business 101. My money is on Burnips dumping Mahindra, probably due to a combination of factors. Now I'm crossing my fingers that I won't have any need for warranty repairs.