Mahindra Pickup EPA Ratings

/ Mahindra Pickup EPA Ratings #2  
Just more Chinese crap coming into the U.S.A.
Me bad, it is India crap.

/ Mahindra Pickup EPA Ratings #3  
There went any appeal to that pickup- worse highway mileage from a small diesel than from a gas F150, that will be a tough sell......

/ Mahindra Pickup EPA Ratings #4  
There went any appeal to that pickup- worse highway mileage from a small diesel than from a gas F150, that will be a tough sell......

I agree. It would have to get over 30mpg to appeal to anyone. The Ranger is about the same size and can get that but not tow as much but like you said the new F-150 can tow over 2X as much and get better economy.

As for the Chinese or India Crap comment. Where do you thing most things are built these days? Your so called American Made stuff is no longer. Its made of components from all over the world. They can build whatever quality they want to meet a price point. The Mahindra and Kioti tractors are every bit as good as the JD, Case, New Holland, and Kubota counterparts. Look at your little tractor for example on what is made where. Putting JD stickers on it over here does not make it American Made.

The uniformed said the same thing when the first Honda's and Toyotas showed up here 30 or so years ago. Look where that got them not taking them serious. The UAW and its "will never happen to us" mentality sent the jobs overseas.

Chris

/ Mahindra Pickup EPA Ratings #5  
Sheesh... 20mpg is 8.2km per liter... Thats what i get when towing 5000 pounds... Unloaded i get allmost double that.. With an engine with similar hp/torque figures.
I think its the DPF and EGR that are killing it.

/ Mahindra Pickup EPA Ratings #6  
Chris, thanks for the "how things work lecture"
You want to buy that crap, that is ok with me.
I see you buy UAW built trucks but then slam the UAW:confused:
Ok, what ever.

/ Mahindra Pickup EPA Ratings #7  
I think its the DPF and EGR that are killing it.

I think you're right on the money. The truck should be able to get much better mileage but something seems to be holding it up. When will the environmentalists learn that if a vehicle puts out double the amount of emissions per gallon of fuel consumed, but consumes half the amount of fuel that it's a net difference of emissions of zero. However it helps us economically and puts less money in the pockets of foreign oil companies from places that don't like the Western way of life. I'm sure there could be some happy medium, but all the current lineup of emissions garbage certainly isn't it.

/ Mahindra Pickup EPA Ratings #8  

I wouldn't take the purchase of a UAW manufactured truck as an endorsement of the UAW. In my case my last two Mexican and Canadian made GM trucks were even more reliable (zero warranty issues vs. 3 warranty issues) than the UAW built Chevy before them. I can also say at least in my case that I prefer to not support the UAW when I can help it and prefer to purchase from right to work state manufactured vehicles. In my current case, I bought the vehicle that was the best value amongst all the vehicles that would have accomplished what I needed out of a pickup truck. If I could have got the same truck at the same price or even a different but suitable truck at an equal or greater value but built by non UAW labor I would have preferred to do that. For me in the end though, very much like successful companies, it's mostly about the bottom line, and if I can get a significantly better value on something, even if it's not from a company I prefer to support, then I still buy it because until I hit the Powerball or Mega Millions jackpot I can't afford not to.

/ Mahindra Pickup EPA Ratings #9  
If I could have got the same truck at the same price or even a different but suitable truck at an equal or greater value but built by non UAW labor I would have preferred to do that.
I did, that is why I bought a Nissan Frontier.
And I have no regrets.
I have bought 4 new Dodge Rams since 1994 and the Nissan has been in the shop less than all 4 Rams put togeather:eek:

/ Mahindra Pickup EPA Ratings #10  
Chris, thanks for the "how things work lecture"
You want to buy that crap, that is ok with me.
Ok, what ever.

No lecture. I buy what fits my needs. I have bought many UAW built trucks and cars and will continue to do so. They make what I want.

What I am saying here is don't knock these little trucks. The EPA is killing the potential of them now. Just because they are made overseas does not make them bad. The big 3 and the UAW got caught with their pants down and have been playing catchup since.

By the way my newest truck and pride and joy is a 2008 Nissan Titan. Been a great vehicle but so have my 2004 F-250 and 2006 F-350 that are UAW built.

Chris