Mahindra 6075 only goes in reverse

/ Mahindra 6075 only goes in reverse #1  

hwhitakerpoteet

Tractor
Mahindra 6075 4WD
I started my tractor earlier and it will only go in reverse no matter what gear I put in in. Even when I press the clutch in the tractor continues going backwards.
My tractor is only about a month old and the 50-hour service light and alarm have been going on for a while now. I live real far from my dealership (3 hours roundtrip) and I haven't had time to take it in.
Is there an override in the tractor that hinders operation of the tractor if you don't have it serviced by a certain number of hours?

Thx

/ Mahindra 6075 only goes in reverse #2  
Does sound suspect.
You can check and discontinue the alarm to see if it would obey forward with a reset trying this:
1. Turn on ignition key but do not start. Leave ignition in ON position.
2. Verify the dashboard Oil Pressure and Battery indicator lights are on.
3. Remove the fuse labeled "reset" from the bottom fuse box. You can use the puller provided in the top fuse box.
4.Press and hold the Trip Button and keep holding it for the next few steps.
5. Turn ignition off for one second, the back on for two seconds, do that a total of 5 times.
(Left hand holding down trip reset button, right hand turns ignition switch: off, on (1), off, on (2), off, on (3), off, on (4), off, on (5).
Leave the ignition in the ON position.
6. The instrument panel will do a self check after 5 cycles of the ignition switch.
7. Release the trip reset button after panel self check is complete.
8. Replace the fuse.
9. Press and release the Trip reset button. The service minder light should go out.

If that doesn't work then it could be a prematurely blown reverser solenoid.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 6075 only goes in reverse #3  
Hopefully it’s a warranty repair. That way the trip to the dealership might be covered. A good time to get them to do the 50 hour maintenance while they have it 😉

/ Mahindra 6075 only goes in reverse #4  
Hopeflly we’ll hear back from the op and he’s not a one and done..

/ Mahindra 6075 only goes in reverse #5  
Hopeflly we’ll hear back from the op and he’s not a one and done..
Yep arrow, you gave him some solid info in your post . . . (y).

/ Mahindra 6075 only goes in reverse #6  
Yep arrow, you gave him some solid info in your post . . . (y).
It could make the difference as to him having to bring the tractor back to the dealer or not.

The other important value is if it can help others.
Advice is one thing. If it works is another but when it does, it could help those who may face a similar situation. That’s what makes it so important to notify the forum of a valid solution to an original question.
Unfortunately, much too often, that opportunity doesn’t always present.

/ Mahindra 6075 only goes in reverse
Does sound suspect.
You can check and discontinue the alarm to see if it would obey forward with a reset trying this:
1. Turn on ignition key but do not start. Leave ignition in ON position.
2. Verify the dashboard Oil Pressure and Battery indicator lights are on.
3. Remove the fuse labeled "reset" from the bottom fuse box. You can use the puller provided in the top fuse box.
4.Press and hold the Trip Button and keep holding it for the next few steps.
5. Turn ignition off for one second, the back on for two seconds, do that a total of 5 times.
(Left hand holding down trip reset button, right hand turns ignition switch: off, on (1), off, on (2), off, on (3), off, on (4), off, on (5).
Leave the ignition in the ON position.
6. The instrument panel will do a self check after 5 cycles of the ignition switch.
7. Release the trip reset button after panel self check is complete.
8. Replace the fuse.
9. Press and release the Trip reset button. The service minder light should go out.

If that doesn't work then it could be a prematurely blown reverser solenoid.
There is no fuse labeled "reset"

Attachments

• 20240125_175215.jpg
    20240125_175215.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
   / Mahindra 6075 only goes in reverse
Ok. Ty

/ Mahindra 6075 only goes in reverse #10  
You’re most certainly welcome.
On vaca this week so should be able to check upcoming.