John Deere 5103
My local dealer gave this quote on the 5500, does it sound
reasonable.

Mahindra 5500 2wd $12,500
KK 6ft. HD brush hog with slip clutch $1,150
Atlas 20X20 HD disc $850

$14,500 plus tax.

/ Mahindra 5500 Price #2  
My friend just bought a new Mahindra 5500 2wd . I was talking to him about this yesterday. He paid $12, 600.00 just for the tractor. He purchased a front-end-loader with it too. He also bought a Bush Hog Squealer SQ720 (6ft.) rotary cutter, Land Pride finishing mower, and a Land Pride rear blade. He also got a hydraulic cylinder for the rear blade, which I have never seen before until I saw his. It is not the "toplink" cylinder. This cylinder mounts on the "side of the blade which makes it move from side to side, not up and down. But anyway, he said he gave exactly $20,000.00 for tax and everything. They would have delivered it for free, but he chose to pick it up his self. The dealer was Singleton Sales & Service in Franklinton, Louisiana and about 80 miles from my buddy's house.

You can go to www.hancocktractor.com and get prices also. Just click "Mahindra Prices" on the left side of the page.

Hope this helps ya',

Travis R

/ Mahindra 5500 Price
Thanks Travis for your reply this gives some idea of what I am dealing with. Sounds like he gave me a fair quote.

/ Mahindra 5500 Price
Now come on guys this has been viewed 99 times and only one reply. I know theirs got to be more than one opinion.

What about the implements do ya'll think these are fair price or do I need to do some more negotiating.

/ Mahindra 5500 Price #5  
Regarding the bush hog, since I am in the market for one too, I looked at the King Kutter and the Bush Hog Squealer. I have not yet bought one, but to me the Squealer looked like it was better. It may just be appearance, but it simply looked like it would work better than the KK. The 5' Squealer was $950.00 and the 6' was $1050?? maybe? Sounds like a fair price on the 5500.

/ Mahindra 5500 Price #6  
Maybe if you told use more details of how you would be using it you would get more replys.

5500 for $12500, sounds good to me. Go to the Mahindra vs JD thread. There are 2 people, one a dealer, that said in their area the big 3 were cheaper than Mahindra. Might try asking them specificly.

The price on the KK sounds kinda high but I have never shopped for a 6fter. My 5er was about $550.

/ Mahindra 5500 Price
Hey Charlie,

I will be bush hogging about 10 acres and planting a small garden of maybe an acre or so and I will be planting several food plots for deer. Maybe later add a FEL but I can't afford that now.

The KK is a 6ft HD cutter with two wheels on the back, not the light or medium duty with the single wheel.

/ Mahindra 5500 Price #8  
A 55 hp tractor will make quick work of hog'n 10 acres.

I have not done alot of plowing so take what I am saying with a grain of salt. With 1 acre you will probable use a 1 or 2 bottom plow. Any bigger and it will be tough to handle, expecially in the food plots. If you use a 1 bottom plow, expect to sheer pins and never load the tractor.