Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #521  
I have gone on their website, but the only manual I can find is the service manual. I bought it for $45 and have it for service guidance. I've not found the operator's manual yet.
try this

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #522  
try this
Good copy Sir,

Unfortunately, I'm at work (in a SCIF) and don't have my Tractor's Serial Number with me, so I can't do anything until I get home. I did get the Service Manual online, but need the Owner's / Operator's Manual that is available on that link you posted. I just need the Serial Number to proceed. :)

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #523  
Good day fellow 5155 owners!

I was able to put about 14 hours on my 5155 this weekend, running the grapple pretty hard. I'm clearing trees and undergrowth getting my property ship shape.

I was worried about the Mahindra branded grapple that I purchased as part of the tractor package, but it seems to be holding up just fine. I wish it had more tines / teeth than it does, but it is getting the job done.

I noted a leak at one of the AN fittings, on the FEL boom, left side up high. I tightened it, and re-tightened it, but it is still leaking. Sometimes just drips, others, a nice small stream. I will disconnect the fitting today, to see if any crud has worked it's way into the threads, and see if there are any damages on the inside. Other than that, the tractor has been absolutely flawless. I'm right at 22 total hours on it so far, keeping the rpms varying as I work.

This thing is a BEAST!!!!

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #524  
I noted a leak at one of the AN fittings, on the FEL boom, left side up high. I tightened it, and re-tightened it, but it is still leaking.

We have had great success with Earl's Conical seals for this type of leak.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #527  
Update on my 5155 so far.

As of now, I have 27.8 hours on my 5155. Not a single hiccup yet. I had a leaky AN fitting on the left side hydraulic ram on the FEL, easy fix, now no leaks. I've been working this tractor hard, clearing my property, moving trees, brush, leveling spots with the box blade, popping trees using a chain, and general bucket work.

For a bigger compact tractor, it's very nimble and I find it works very well for my use. I did bend my steps on the left side, hitting a tree stump, not paying attention.

My next implement will most likely be the Baumalight MP348 mulcher. I will get a ton of use out of that thing!

BaumaLight MP348

I have to thank Tony from his YouTube channel (Tony's Tractor Adventure). I've learned a lot watching his informative videos... especially grapple work and chainsaw work.

I will have the Stealership do my 50 hours service, but I will take on all the fluid changes myself from then on.

This tractor is a BEAST!!! Oh, and the Rhinohide Canopy works very well. MUCH better with it on, than without it.

Happy Tractoring!!!

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #528  
Update on my 5155 so far.

As of now, I have 27.8 hours on my 5155. Not a single hiccup yet. I had a leaky AN fitting on the left side hydraulic ram on the FEL, easy fix, now no leaks. I've been working this tractor hard, clearing my property, moving trees, brush, leveling spots with the box blade, popping trees using a chain, and general bucket work.

For a bigger compact tractor, it's very nimble and I find it works very well for my use. I did bend my steps on the left side, hitting a tree stump, not paying attention.

My next implement will most likely be the Baumalight MP348 mulcher. I will get a ton of use out of that thing!

BaumaLight MP348

I have to thank Tony from his YouTube channel (Tony's Tractor Adventure). I've learned a lot watching his informative videos... especially grapple work and chainsaw work.

I will have the Stealership do my 50 hours service, but I will take on all the fluid changes myself from then on.

This tractor is a BEAST!!! Oh, and the Rhinohide Canopy works very well. MUCH better with it on, than without it.

Happy Tractoring!!!
the 50 hour is not that big of a deal to do yourself, I skipped the replacement of the hydraulic oil, just replaced the filter, it was an easy job and save me a lot of time/$. my dealer told me he had never seen a hydraulic screen clogged at the 50 so i skipped that also.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #529  
the 50 hour is not that big of a deal to do yourself, I skipped the replacement of the hydraulic oil, just replaced the filter, it was an easy job and save me a lot of time/$. my dealer told me he had never seen a hydraulic screen clogged at the 50 so i skipped that also.
The fluid put in at the factory is considered a "break in" fluid meaning it may not have all the properties of a top notch hydraulic fluid.
It's simply a cheaper fluid for the factory to put in.
Clogging is not the issue. Fine metal findings that can go thru screens will not clog the screens.
It's your tractor but working on these things, I'd recommend changing out the initial fluid and putting in a quality hydraulic fluid.
You won't have to do it again for a long time but getting out any initial contaminants such as water, metal findings and cheap hydraulic fluid is advantageous to do as soon as as you can.
That is why the factory maintains the initial 50 hr oil change.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #530  
The fluid put in at the factory is considered a "break in" fluid meaning it may not have all the properties of a top notch hydraulic fluid.
It's simply a cheaper fluid for the factory to put in.
Clogging is not the issue. Fine metal findings that can go thru screens will not clog the screens.
It's your tractor but working on these things, I'd recommend changing out the initial fluid and putting in a quality hydraulic fluid.
You won't have to do it again for a long time but getting out any initial contaminants such as water, metal findings and cheap hydraulic fluid is advantageous to do as soon as as you can.
That is why the factory maintains the initial 50 hr oil change.
good to know but i would expect the filter to clean up any filings that changing the fluid would catch, and water which is only going to come out by heating the fluid and gets back in from sitting should not be an issue, had not thought of the cheap fluid.
I will change that at next opportunity.