Mahindra 4540 Zerk Sizes

/ Mahindra 4540 Zerk Sizes #1  

swampy6

Gold Member
Foothills of The Adirondacks, New York State
Tractor
Mahindra 4540 4WD
All the zerks I sized with a Grease Fitting Thread Tester, Type Gage from Grainger were a Brass Metric M8 X 1.25 into a steel pin, Grainger has the same size zerk but in a zinc plated steel. I ordered some so I could have extra since my dealer didn't have the size in stock, the threads are the same so I'm hoping they work.

/ Mahindra 4540 Zerk Sizes #3  
i bought some florescent zerk cap covers for mine, so they are easier to find when I go to grease the tractor and add a little bit of dirt protection. There are a few that like to hide. lol. I think they are 12..maybe 13 fittings total. Some of those covers come off while you are working, but some don't. I like how they fitting is clean for the ones that dont come off.

/ Mahindra 4540 Zerk Sizes #4  
Love the idea of the covers. I also grabbed some extras for that “rare” time the work beats them up.

/ Mahindra 4540 Zerk Sizes #5  
i bought some florescent zerk cap covers for mine, so they are easier to find when I go to grease the tractor and add a little bit of dirt protection. There are a few that like to hide. lol. I think they are 12..maybe 13 fittings total. Some of those covers come off while you are working, but some don't. I like how they fitting is clean for the ones that dont come off.
Hey Hank love your shows and all you do. Just an FYI on my 4540 I count atleast 20 different places that have to be greased. There is about 8 zerk fittings on either side of the FEL, plus one in the middle between the wheels, plus 3 on each front wheel, plus you have about 3 on each side in the middle for clutch and brakes and all, 1 on right side engine by the Hydraulic filter and 2 in back for the lift arms and such. There is alot of them. LOL!!