Mahindra 2655 hst cab vs Kioti nx5510hc.

/ Mahindra 2655 hst cab vs Kioti nx5510hc. #1  

screamin400

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2538, 2016 Mahindra 2655, 2017 CaseIH 75C, 2021 CaseIH 110c., 2020 Kubota svl 65-2, 2022 Kubota svl 75-2
Went to a show today to look at new tractors. I currently have a 2538 that I love but thinking larger with a cab. I went to look at the 2655 and came away with the thought that I cannot drive it. I do not fit. The new seats in these things do not go back. The salesmen were unaware. I had two of them get into it an both had a hard time even getting out. The one salesman had to pick his left leg up with two hand to put his foot on the brake pedal. Who thought this seat out? Another salesperson there said they have already complained about it and Mahindra is getting back to them with a fix. The loader lever will need to be turned around if the seat is moved back. The shift lever on the left is in the way for getting in and out but maybe turn that around also. I looked at the Kioti while at the show and loved it. Comfortable, larger cab I think, better price but I love my Mahindra. The Kioti does not have the lift capacity of the Mahindra but who knows in the real world which one lifts more. One is 3155 and the other is about 2700. I know the Kioti has dpf and not afraid of it. Not looking for it but not afraid either. My Mahindra dealer is about 4 miles from me and a great guy. Kioti dealer I spoke to is about 45 minutes away with another one a little closer to me. I do know the Mahindra warranty. I am really looking for info on the Kioti. Now for what the Kioti salesperson told me about Mahindra :)

Mahindras are not popular? Huh, Number one in the world and number 3 in the U.S. is not popular?
Mahindra has an aluminum rear end like John Deere. Nope, they have a steel rear end unlike John Deere and Yanmar
Mahindra does not lift much. Don't tell that to my 2538. She has an attitude.
Mahindra has no resale. Maybe, but at least folks have heard of them.

What is everyones opinion of the new Kioti? Like I said I liked it better than the 2655 even if the 2655 had the sear I wanted. Liking a tractor does not make money,a well built tractor does.

/ Mahindra 2655 hst cab vs Kioti nx5510hc. #2  
Kioti is a solid brand that makes their own machines. When I looked at the Kioti the “district rep” for Kioti flat out said to go to TBN to verify anything he said. It was the first I had heard of TBN.
Anyway a few of my neighbors have the Kioti and all are very happy. My purchase came down to a few minor things that in hindsight really didn’t matter.
Good luck- I don’t think you will go wrong with either.

/ Mahindra 2655 hst cab vs Kioti nx5510hc. #3  
I think that Kioti copied the Kubota playbook. They are a vertically integrated company that makes everything from rough castings to to completed engines and loaders and use very little from outside vendors. They claim on their website that it is for quality and production control, but I suspect cost control is a big part of it. They do not sell rebranded tractors like most brands, including Mahindra, do. 30 years ago Korean cars were a bit of a cheap joke, mostly cheap copies of Toyotas and Hondas, but now they give the Japanese, and everyone else, a run for the money, especially in the midrange and above. I am very happy with my Kioti that was about 25% less expensive than the New Holland, Deere, and Kubotas that I looked at. That let me buy a lot of implements without going into debt.

/ Mahindra 2655 hst cab vs Kioti nx5510hc. #4  
never seen a kioti up close but the steering wheel vertical angle seemed a bit weird to me. other info i just never checked into them at all. haven't seen any around here either. do your homwork and make your choice. we all do the best we can and live with it. good luck

/ Mahindra 2655 hst cab vs Kioti nx5510hc. #5  
Most of the Kiotis (the 5510 does) have tilt steering wheels. Makes it easier for us fat boys to get comfortable.

/ Mahindra 2655 hst cab vs Kioti nx5510hc. #6  
thanks - i was hoping they did - that makes an ergonomic difference then!

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 2655 hst cab vs Kioti nx5510hc. #7  
I think most tractor brands are built pretty good nowadays some models in each brand maybe better than other models in same brand. Ls, kioti, Mahindra, tym, kubota, jd, new holland , Massey, it don’t matter you can get a bad one in any color, it happens. You can also get a great tractor. If you find one you like and dealer seems good then don’t worry about the color just enjoy your new tractor.

/ Mahindra 2655 hst cab vs Kioti nx5510hc.
Sounds like folks like the Kioti. I will wait and see what Mahindra does with the seat situation as I really like my dealer and him being about 4 miles away is nice.

/ Mahindra 2655 hst cab vs Kioti nx5510hc. #9  
Dealer makes a lot of difference and having one you like close matters. I like my dealer but he’s two hours away. I have been satisfied with my Mahindra and unless something changes I will keep it. I hope they fix the seat where you can fit comfortably so you can stay with your dealer. Good luck

/ Mahindra 2655 hst cab vs Kioti nx5510hc.
Dealer makes a lot of difference and having one you like close matters. I like my dealer but he’s two hours away. I have been satisfied with my Mahindra and unless something changes I will keep it. I hope they fix the seat where you can fit comfortably so you can stay with your dealer. Good luck

I really hope so as well as I love my 2538 but for some reason I keep thinking I liked the Kioti cab better than the Mahindra. I guess if I could fit in the Mahindra then I could get a better feel for it. I told my dealer he should lock the doors on the cab so no one can try to sit in it at the show.