M85/85P engine oil filter

/ M85/85P engine oil filter #1  

Patches

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 3054xs TLB
A close friend has 1 each of the above tractors and is looking for a more economical filter than the Mahindra option ($36.00+) each. Has anyone any info as to other options?

/ M85/85P engine oil filter #2  
If it's mahindra 006016642V91 then supposedly a Napa Gold 1324 or a wix 51523 cross references to it. But I wouldn't chance it until the tractor is out of warranty.

/ M85/85P engine oil filter #3  
Been using Wix filters for years. No issues.
And respectfully disagree with lagolan about waiting until warranty is over. Mahindra doesn't "make" their own filters. They source it out and throw their label on it. As long as it meets or exceeds OEM parts, warranty should never be an issue.

/ M85/85P engine oil filter #4  
Hey duffer,
I actually use aftermarket filters on my tractor as well. I don't have any concerns about doing so. My reasoning behind my warranty comment is that Mahindra keeps their filter specs secret, so there's no way to verify if a filter meets/exceeds Mahindra requirements for flow rate, filtration efficiency, bypass valve pressure etc. Yes, in a warranty situation strictly speaking Mahindra would have to prove that the use of an aftermarket filter caused an engine failure, but if they chose to deny for that reason, it would be difficult (although not impossible) to refute without detailed filter specs.

I wonder if it's possible to find out that information from the engine manufacturer. My 3016, for example, has a Mitsubishi engine. I'll have to look into that sometime.

/ M85/85P engine oil filter
If it's mahindra 006016642V91 then supposedly a Napa Gold 1324 or a wix 51523 cross references to it. But I wouldn't chance it until the tractor is out of warranty.
Thanks lagolan for that; subsequently found several other options i.e. Baldwin, Donaldson, Fleetguard and the ever present Fram. The Mahindra filter is made by Mahle (sic) but they won't give any info as to specs