M4700 4wd

/ M4700 4wd #21  
Wen, I think you'll find the ultraviolet rays of the sun are the main causes of tires cracking. That's the reason they make tires specifically for trailers only that have some different compounds to slow down the cracking process, and it's been awhile, so I don't remember all the details, but the bottom line is, I wouldn't worry about them cracking if they're stored inside out of the sun.

Bird

/ M4700 4wd #22  
Wen, Bird already said it - it's UV that's generally the culprit. If they're inside, they'll last a lot longer.

Kubota doesn't put radials on their tractors from the factory because they cost more and most of their customers wouldn't know the difference. Now, the guys who read this board aren't like most of their customers. There's no question as to the benefits of radials. Even the cost is lower when you're talking farmers who use their tractors all day long. You and I will never use them in the kind of conditions that will allow efficiency to make up the difference in cost from fuel, but we certainly could if our time is worth anything. Traction improvements translate to huge amounts of time, to me. Not only does the work get done that much faster, but you spend a lot less time patching holes. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

So, how wide are the M-series tires, again?

Mark

/ M4700 4wd #23  
Billc, I told you that stuff confidentially, not to have it blabbed to the world. There goes my edge. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ M4700 4wd #24  
Mark, not to worry, I am one of the many who believe you still, and always will have an edge on Mr. Gadget.

So how is the HUD display coming????

/ M4700 4wd #25  
Not very well, Billc - I need a cab to mount it in. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ M4700 4wd #26  
Good one Bill I just spent five minutes laughing on that one. Mark will those locking o-rings work on bias ply as well?
I spent most of yesterday on a little B20 Hst and after that I concluded that my next tractor will be a hydro and not a glide shift. Yes you guys heard this correctly. I would have to say the M-series is out of the picture unless of course I get a killer deal on one. Just have to change my driving styles alittle thats all. Sorry M-series owners but its going to be a L-series of some sort for me.

/ M4700 4wd #27  
Welcome to the fold, Gordon. I knew you had it in you. I don't think you'll be sorry for that choice. As for changing driving styles, give it about 2-3 hours of operation, and you'll never want to go back.

No, the o-rings only work on radials - you need the extra deflection of radials to keep them from punching through the casing. Plus the more uniform footprint keeps more of them on the surface you're climbing.

Mark