Price Check M-F 2604 Maybe?

/ M-F 2604 Maybe? #1  

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4820R
Called this a price check but consider it a request for model specific, general info as well. I would be a cash buyer. My current tractor has been down for repairs since mid-May and I'm getting antsy having everything on hold so long! In a quickie survey I saw that the M-F 2604 has no re-gen plus it's the right size for my uses @ 45hp, 4x4, geared tractor, right weight, etc.. I'll use forks, bucket and 3pt typical farm attachments which I have all of those now. My quick attach bucket would probably best go with the Kioti when it sells. I see that it came out as the 2017 model but web shows zero used ones out there? The two loaders it comes with seem close in capacity-which is the better one? as if I'll have a choice. My last two tractors have been a DK40 Kioti and a DK35SE Kioti which I'd sell later in my senario, were I too buy the M-F.
I'm also attracted to the Mahindra which was my other choice when I bought my 2010, pre re-gen Kioti. Mahindra 1538 or 2540-somewhere in that size area.
Lets hear some stimulating talk, thanks.

/ M-F 2604 Maybe? #2  
I have 2 mahindras and have had good luck with both, My 2538 is the same as a 2540 just in hydro. Very strong tractor.

/ M-F 2604 Maybe? #3  
I bought a MF 2605 H about a year and a half ago, I really am glad I did. It is built tough and rugged, starts in the winter, and seems to be economical to run.
Before I bought it I visited a Mahindra dealer whose main business was selling trailers and lawnmowers. I drove one of them, before I left I had a question about warrenty coverage, the dealership never got back to me, nor did they respond to my phone call. I think Mahindra probably builds a good product, but as others have advised in other posts, the dealer is a very important part of the buying decision.

/ M-F 2604 Maybe? #4  
I bought a MF 2605 H about a year and a half ago, I really am glad I did. It is built tough and rugged, starts in the winter, and seems to be economical to run.
Before I bought it I visited a Mahindra dealer whose main business was selling trailers and lawnmowers. I drove one of them, before I left I had a question about warrenty coverage, the dealership never got back to me, nor did they respond to my phone call. I think Mahindra probably builds a good product, but as others have advised in other posts, the dealer is a very important part of the buying decision.

I’ve had a 2606h for just under 4 years. Great tractor. Can’t tell you anything about it that I would change. Pretty basic and trouble free. .

/ M-F 2604 Maybe? #5  
I’ve had a 2606h for just under 4 years. Great tractor. Can’t tell you anything about it that I would change. Pretty basic and trouble free. .

Another bit of info is the 2604h is 1000#s heavier than than your kioti 40 and 35. Not good for your lawn. Always getting in trouble with my wife for that 🤷🏼

/ M-F 2604 Maybe?
FWIW, I don't drive on what lawn we have with a tractor. We live back in the woods and much of our so-called yard is moss and also steep. Who does use a tractor on a lawn except if it's a mower? per Tractordata.com the Kioti's I've owned are very close to the weight of the 2604H anyway.

/ M-F 2604 Maybe? #7  
I have a bigger Massey Ferguson and I love it. Wouldn’t trade for the world. Big SISU 6.6L diesel and a Fendt CVT. 35MPH road speed. Love it.