Lysanders chili mix recipe?

/ Lysanders chili mix recipe? #1  

dstig1

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 HSTC, JD X738 Mower, (Kubota L3130 HST - sold)
My wife and I have been big fans of the Lysanders chili seasoning and had a good size stash of it, but they discontinued it a few years back and we are out of it. Most other seasoning mixes we have tried have been "meh" at best. I did some web searching to see if the recipe is out there but most of what I found was general chili seasoning mix recipes with none really saying it was a match for the Lysanders. Does anyone know a source for the original recipe or anything that comes close to it?

Thanks
Dave

/ Lysanders chili mix recipe?
Thanks 2Lane. I found that one in my search too. The thing is that I have no idea if it is really anything at all like Lysanders or if they are just doing the cheesy internet trick of using keywords to attract views, even though the keyword really has no bearing on the topic in question. if nobody else comes up with anything, we will just start trying recipes and see what works best, but I was hoping to short cut that a bit...

/ Lysanders chili mix recipe? #4  
I suspect if you research it enough, you might find a forum where someone has published a copy cat recipe. I found one for Bad Byron's Butt Rubb that was right on.

/ Lysanders chili mix recipe? #5  
Guess you won't know 'til you try. My wife tries a lot, some good some not. There is always a ham sandwich. :)

/ Lysanders chili mix recipe? #6  
My wife and I have been big fans of the Lysanders chili seasoning and had a good size stash of it, but they discontinued it a few years back and we are out of it. Most other seasoning mixes we have tried have been "meh" at best. I did some web searching to see if the recipe is out there but most of what I found was general chili seasoning mix recipes with none really saying it was a match for the Lysanders. Does anyone know a source for the original recipe or anything that comes close to it?

Thanks
Dave
Funny we loved Lysander's too. A couple years ago I tracked down the gal who worked there. She makes one that is pretty close.
She's tough to find but here's the link.

Here contact is Trisha 407-547-1566 trisha@yumdistribution.com

Here's a better link to buy it. Facebook

Last edited:
   / Lysanders chili mix recipe? #7  
This stuff is good. Really good. A towns entire identiy is formed around this chili and they have a huge festival every summer just about this chili.

600pxNewchilipacket_2048x.jpg

/ Lysanders chili mix recipe? #8  
This stuff is good. Really good. A towns entire identiy is formed around this chili and they have a huge festival every summer just about this chili.

600pxNewchilipacket_2048x.jpg
Not cheap, ordered a packet to try out.

/ Lysanders chili mix recipe?
Like $50 for a 3 oz pack, with shipping? Ummm, no way man. That's nutz!

We've been rolling our own since we couldn't find anything else close and that has been working out quite good. Took a couple tries to get it where we want it, but it came together.