LX2610 Hood will not open

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #11  
worst case, you sacrifice one of the front side vents by prying it off. It has ~6 pins on the back side that are retained by small speed clips. It you pry it off carefully you may break a few of the pins but may still have enough to retain the panel in the future. Worst case is you buy a new small plastic panel. With a panel removed you can view and reach the catch mechanism that engages the pin I circled in red above. My guess is that something has caused it to not fully release.

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #12  
if it goes up a couple inches I doubt it is the clamp holding the pin. most likely it is the linkage that articulates and over centers to keep the hood up catching on something. Can you prop it open and get the side panels off to get more access.

/ LX2610 Hood will not open
I have someone coming over that is much much more mechanically inclined than I am and I'm hoping that we can get it open. We just may need to sacrifice the side vent, they are not that expensive if it has to be replaced.

When I do lift up the hood, from the middle, as I always have and the video shows, it catches on something solid, whether it's left or right or middle. It does seem like it's more of that linkage and not a hook. I'm hoping to get some answers soon.

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #14  
It may be catching on the cowling, or the firewall. Try pulling slightly forward as you lift. this may provide enough clearance to allow the pivot.

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #15  
Some pictures on my LX2610:

IMG_2909.JPG
IMG_2910.JPG

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #17  
nice pictures, can you get a few shots of the linkage that holds the hood up. I think that may be where the problem is since he said the hood opens a few inches then blocks

/ LX2610 Hood will not open
Guys- thank you for your suggestions, all are were good as well as the photos. My friend just left, it was a simple fix and a foolish mistake on my part. I must have not attached the hood prop as it was catching in the lip of the bottom side of the hood. We were able to reach in and clear it.

Hopefully this helps anyone else that runs into this problem....... 🥴

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #19  
Where do you grab the front of the hood to lift it?

I seem to have a hell of a time getting a grip.

All I can get is fingertips.

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #20  
Where do you grab the front of the hood to lift it?

I seem to have a hell of a time getting a grip.

All I can get is fingertips.

I have that same issue with my MF1540; it’s even worse when the loader is on it. I just grab it with my fingertips and get my hands under a better section as quick as I can. Try not to smash my fingers.