LS XU5055C

/ LS XU5055C #1  

avillahdw

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 LS U5030
Hey Guys,
I'm looking at upgrading my 1-1/2 years old LS U5030 for an XU5055C, comparable horsepower, tier 3 vs tier 4 engine, open station vs cab. I need some feedback, especially from those who may have one (although all feedback is welcome). Pro's, Con's, things to look for, etc. Thanks in advance!

/ LS XU5055C #2  
I'm looking to buy a U5030, why are you looking to go with the XU5055C? Any problems with the U5030? Thanks

Tom

/ LS XU5055C #3  
I'm looking to buy a U5030, why are you looking to go with the XU5055C? Any problems with the U5030? Thanks Tom
I believe the XU has a cab. That would make my mind up too.

/ LS XU5055C #4  
Personally I'm shopping for an older tractor with a proven tier 3 motor. All this Tier 4 stuff is so new it makes me nervous.

/ LS XU5055C #5  
Personally I'm shopping for an older tractor with a proven tier 3 motor. All this Tier 4 stuff is so new it makes me nervous.
You could start a thread that ask anyone with a Tier 4 LS are they having or seeing any problems.

/ LS XU5055C #6  
You could start a thread that ask anyone with a Tier 4 LS are they having or seeing any problems.

If anybody had experience running one for 5-10 years I would. That's the problem, they're so new it's hard telling what we'll say about them 5 years from now. Could be the greatest thing since sliced bread... I just don't know.

I do know for a fact that LS is switching motors for the second time in as many years.

/ LS XU5055C #7  
My understanding is that the tier 3 engine that they used are well made and solid. I'm like mx1alex, all the new pollution control stuff may be a nightmare down the road. Not sure I want to take that chance if I can still get a tier 3 engine. I'm just curious if any LS tier 4 people can respond and let us know their experience so far.

/ LS XU5055C #8  
The cab is awesome, But the tier 4 engines scare me a little......

/ LS XU5055C #9  
The cab is awesome, But the tier 4 engines scare me a little......
I understand and can't help I have cab and built by Mitsubishi tier 3 engine.
Edit: I have not had any problems with the 3 year old 5030

/ LS XU5055C
The primary reason for the desire to change is the cab. I found a great deal on the XU5055c with 25 hours on it. Never been purchased, just yard use at the dealer. Most of my usage is haying in summer (hot, dusty in open station) and feeding/loading hay in winter (cold/wet in open station). For $4 per month more (and losing the 18 months already paid on the U5030), I can get in this. I do not want to be in a situation of having two tractor payments while trying to sell the U5030 (173 hours). I gain a cab but lose 1-1/2 PTO HP (same motor size- 55 HP). I'm not worried about it being a tier 4 Shibaura motor- no DPF cycle as the larger motors are common rail design.