Ls XR4046 DPF Limp Mode and Diagnostic Software

/ Ls XR4046 DPF Limp Mode and Diagnostic Software #1  

southerbre

Tractor
LS XR 4046HC
I have a 2014 LS XR4046HC that is in limp mode (max. RPM of 1800). One DPF light is flashing and the red warning light is flashing. At startup it attempts to start a regen; the regen in progress light comes on but goes out after a few seconds and the first light returns to a flashing state. Has anyone tried this software for resetting the DPF or forcing a regen?

/ Ls XR4046 DPF Limp Mode and Diagnostic Software #2  
   / Ls XR4046 DPF Limp Mode and Diagnostic Software #3  
I've actually wanted to plug my ODBII reader into the tractor for a while just to test before it was actually needed. Here are my results. I had 1 code stored in it, and it cleared just fine.
The code opened on the Web and would be my exact issue since I have excessive regen problems.

LS_ODB_1.jpg LS_ODB_2.jpg LS_ODB_3.jpg

You might be able to reset your faults to get you out of limp (dealer) mode, and force a regen manually if your model allows that like the new ones do, by holding down the regen toggle.

Last edited:
   / Ls XR4046 DPF Limp Mode and Diagnostic Software #4  
manual regen process video on YT, not me, just a video.
Use after you clear your codes.

/ Ls XR4046 DPF Limp Mode and Diagnostic Software #5  
I have a 2014 LS XR4046HC that is in limp mode (max. RPM of 1800). One DPF light is flashing and the red warning light is flashing. At startup it attempts to start a regen; the regen in progress light comes on but goes out after a few seconds and the first light returns to a flashing state. Has anyone tried this software for resetting the DPF or forcing a regen?

I owned the same tractor before I traded for the new MT 3 series. Mine exhibited the same issues at around 1100 hrs. Dealer determined it was regen burner. They installed the injector kit. $2,600.00 parts and labor. Several hundred hours later it was doing the same thing again. It was either the burner kit again or possibly the ecu. You could not force a regen or fool the ecu. Eventually it went from limp mode to shut down mode. I traded it for a MT 357. I’m not sure on any of the code readers. What you described your tractor is doing is what I experienced.

/ Ls XR4046 DPF Limp Mode and Diagnostic Software #6  
After I put the ODBII scanner on it last week, I noticed how dirty the connector was, so I ordered a cap. Cleaned the connector and installed the cap today. What should be a $2 piece of plastic is really $7 and yes, I know I could use a piece of electrical tape or something lol

Hopefully the dealer doesn't lose it at some point in the future!
I might make it captive somehow.

OBDII_Dirt.jpg ODBII_Cap.jpg