Buying Advice LS Warranty

/ LS Warranty
I would check the side to side free play when you get the new lift arm.

Some tractor 3 points arm pivots are not on the same plane (axis) as the sway control links.

On my tractor the side to side free play diminishes as the implement is lifted to full height.
That has caused me to "Always" set the side to side play lose, Then lift to max height and then finally secure the setting.
If done the other way ... Setting free play at the lowest setting it becomes possible to lose all free play and then being Hydraulic something has to give, either the system will go into relief
Or something will bend or break.

Your tractor may not be this way- but It does not cost anything to confirm.

Just something to check and eliminate as a possible cause of broken parts.

Also bars are designed to be used in tension only so it pulls never tries to "compress' the assembly. With chains, well they obviously also only work in tension but they just go slack where a bar will bend or break.
Interesting and I can see where that makes a ton of sense. I will certainly check that when I get it fixed. Thank you!

/ LS Warranty #13  
Thank you for the guidanceā€¦I will check them out. I agree that the warranty from the manufacturer appears to claim more than they do in reality.

Just for clarification, I was referring to linking to their website, not the link arms lol. I should have clarified given the problem you're having, lol.

/ LS Warranty
Just for clarification, I was referring to linking to their website, not the link arms lol. I should have clarified given the problem you're having, lol.
Hahaā€¦I understood and was able to download and send to my dealer. The only thing thatā€™s excluded are tires, rims and a few other things but only because theyā€™re covered by those manufacturers. I did get clarification from the dealer on why they told me out of warranty. They said ā€œTheyā€™ll just say you broke themā€. To me, that isnā€™t a very good reason. They can come out to my property and see that I donā€™t have anything or doing anything that would cause that on my own.

/ LS Warranty #15  
Hahaā€¦I understood and was able to download and send to my dealer. The only thing thatā€™s excluded are tires, rims and a few other things but only because theyā€™re covered by those manufacturers. I did get clarification from the dealer on why they told me out of warranty. They said ā€œTheyā€™ll just say you broke themā€. To me, that isnā€™t a very good reason. They can come out to my property and see that I donā€™t have anything or doing anything that would cause that on my own.

To think they wouldn't even make an attempt says a lot about your dealer; the only reason for them to not bat for you is if they feel you broke it. A good dealer can get a lot done on behalf of their customers.

/ LS Warranty #16  
Try a different dealer. That should be covered

/ LS Warranty #17  
This is going to be hit or miss and is up to the dealership. They will need to make the case to corporate if they wish to cover it. At John Deere, it was extremely hard to cover 3pt links under any warranty, why? Negligence.
3pt links are designed to lift and pull forwards. They are not designed for backhoes, or for pushing heavy loads in reverse (think pushing a rear blade in reverse dosing a pile of mud), but people do it. And a break is a break. "I'm sorry dear tractor owner." says the dealership mechanic, "But I just don't believe that they simply snapped. You did something you were not supposed to." Thats what they are thinking. When in fact, you could be absolutely correct, and have never abused them in the slightest. In the eyes of corporate (and some dealers), the burden of proof lies with you, and you must prove that its not negligence. Unfortunately, good luck with that.

Some might even consider the links to be separate from the tractor, as in an attachment, like the FEL. Even though the FEL is almost always connected to the tractor, its still separate. In fact, the links are easier to remove (on mine) than the FEL! I have even heard of a dealer calling the links (in this case it was the top link) a consumable, like your wiper blades!

But, a good dealer with a good reputation and in good standing with corporate could get them covered. But I wouldn't expect them to.
The warranty is a sales pitch, for everything. It's icing on the cake and is intentionally vague. It's to give you that warm fuzzy feeling that if anything goes wrong, its covered. Well, thats not completely accurate.