LS tractors

/ LS tractors #11  
I think my voice activated device is broken! I say those things and it talks back "What's this 'throttle?' you speak of?" or "Get your own damn beer and bring me a glass of wine!" :confused:
I must have her sister. Rieslings usually work if I deliver them to the barn. Gotta be careful though, I took a bottle and ice bucket once. Wasn’t appreciated, got yelled at because I should know she wouldn’t drink a whole bottle. 9unless I pour it one glass at a time) :LOL:

/ LS tractors #12  
Hi Guys . I’m considering buying a new tractor I like both the LS and Yanmar. I purchased an LG now LS long ago with the promise that parts would be readily available. LG is now defunct and parts are hard to find ….Yanmar on the other hand has been around since the early 1900. Need a little advice on which direction to go. In the configuration I want, the LS is considerably more affordable but after getting burned with LG I’m thinking spending the extra 15k and going yanmar. Thoughts?
So you’re saying Yanmar has been in tractor business for over 100 years ? well according to this interesting article your pretty close to correct

I’m a happy LS owner but I’ve only owned it for 3 years, mine actually has a Yanmar engine. When I was buying I also priced very similar John Deer and Kubota but they were $15,000 more.

Last edited:
   / LS tractors #13  
I think Yanmar probably makes the best small tractor regardless of price and dealer considerations.

I didn't get one because of price and dealer (or lack thereof). LS makes a good machine.

If you are in Idaho, you may want to consider TYM. I hear they have some good dealers up there.

/ LS tractors #14  
I considered LS strongly. The fit and finish is really nice. What sent me to TYM was the ability to bypass the DPF if it became a problem. Coupled with that, a mechanical injected engine without all that ECM nanny business to shut down the engine. Most of our LS dealers are also really glorified lawnmower dealers. The TYM dealer has a full shop and seems more established.

/ LS tractors #15  
The other thing for me was lift height. The TYM lifts as much or more but does it about another foot higher. It may not matter to everyone, but that foot matters to me.

/ LS tractors #16  
The other thing for me was lift height. The TYM lifts as much or more but does it about another foot higher. It may not matter to everyone, but that foot matters to me.
That’s true too, it’s nearly a foot.

/ LS tractors #17  
Yanmar makes diesel engines for all kinds of heavy equipment
boats, ships and a lot of tractors have Yanmar diesel engines.
If you notice Yanmar is the only one with a 10 year drive train
warranty

willy

/ LS tractors #18  
What model of Yanmar are you looking at? I checked out the YM 347 a few days back and was really impressed. It is the shuttle shift version of the YT 3 series, and do not have cabs available, but are 10k less than the non cab YT. The YM 347 could be had for a little less than 30k, and for that price it is one hell of a good buy. Fit and finish are as good as any, and they are known to have very little issues and last firever. The YM 347 has a lot of excellent specs and of you need a little more the YM 359 isn’t much more.

/ LS tractors #19  
Hi Guys . I’m considering buying a new tractor I like both the LS and Yanmar. I purchased an LG now LS long ago with the promise that parts would be readily available. LG is now defunct and parts are hard to find ….Yanmar on the other hand has been around since the early 1900. Need a little advice on which direction to go. In the configuration I want, the LS is considerably more affordable but after getting burned with LG I’m thinking spending the extra 15k and going yanmar. Thoughts?
fwiw, the comments in this thread about dealers & closings, etc., remind me of own mom&pop LS purchase. After delivery, they weren't near as friendly; the promised training about how to connect implements & use them never materialized; etc. I've had better luck asking my city-boy questions of JD personnel after they tell me they have a few minutes to spare. I try not to waste their time, but it's been rare that they wouldn't take time to help me.
There's 2¢ for you, but I wish now I'd bought green, not blue. As far as that goes, I cut my old city-boy tractor teeth on a really nice Kubota at a Girl Scout ranch, and my memory of it is nothing but good.

/ LS tractors #20  
fwiw, the comments in this thread about dealers & closings, etc., remind me of own mom&pop LS purchase. After delivery, they weren't near as friendly; the promised training about how to connect implements & use them never materialized; etc. I've had better luck asking my city-boy questions of JD personnel after they tell me they have a few minutes to spare. I try not to waste their time, but it's been rare that they wouldn't take time to help me.
There's 2¢ for you, but I wish now I'd bought green, not blue. As far as that goes, I cut my old city-boy tractor teeth on a really nice Kubota at a Girl Scout ranch, and my memory of it is nothing but good.
IOW, now, I'd shop the dealer, not the price