LS tractors

/ LS tractors #1  

Flustered 1974

Tractor
Hi Guys . I’m considering buying a new tractor I like both the LS and Yanmar. I purchased an LG now LS long ago with the promise that parts would be readily available. LG is now defunct and parts are hard to find ….Yanmar on the other hand has been around since the early 1900. Need a little advice on which direction to go. In the configuration I want, the LS is considerably more affordable but after getting burned with LG I’m thinking spending the extra 15k and going yanmar. Thoughts?

/ LS tractors #2  
Depending on the model LS, you'll have parts available from the equivalent New Holland model. Just something to consider since 15K goes a long way on attachments/implements.

/ LS tractors #3  
Wow just a extra 15k.. Spend a extra 20k and get a Kubota..LOL....

• Good Post
Reactions: RSR
   / LS tractors
Wow just a extra 15k.. Spend a extra 20k and get a Kubota..LOL....
Kubota isn’t anywhere near 20 k extra unfortunately, otherwise it would be an option.

/ LS tractors
Depending on the model LS, you'll have parts available from the equivalent New Holland model. Just something to consider since 15K goes a long way on attachments/

/ LS tractors #7  
If dealer support is important to you, then I'd shop dealers, not just tractors. What do I mean? I don't think LS Tractors are going away anytime soon. LG is LS, or rather thats how it started. But most dealerships are typically small 'mom and pop shops' that sell all makes and models. My local LS dealership sells Giant, Solis, TYM, and a slew of other manufactures for lawn mowers and chainsaws. They used to sell Mahindra, but dropped them a few years ago now. My little dealership, while it is growing and has been wonderful to work with, might close its doors or drop LS like they did Mahindra. However, knowing that my two local New Holland dealerships sell all the parts for my tractor, I'm not too worried. Thats not to say though that the big dealership chains wont move or close down. The JD dealership in my small home town, that was always on the edge of town, in the center of a MAJOR farming community, closed it doors and move two hours away.

I suspect the NH dealerships wouldn't work on my LS tractor either. But I can get parts there. Since I do all my own maintenance, I don't relay on the dealership for repairs. HOWEVER, I have not had an issue with the computer *yet* (knock on wood), but IF I did, then I know my local LS dealership would take care of me. But if they closed down or stopped supporting LS, then I'd need to trailer my LS a few hours to the next dealership. And again, I'd find it very hard to believe that LS would simply stop existing all together.

Dealers aside, I do not regret my decision to purchase my LS tractor. I use it and abuse it just as much as any Kubota or JD owner. If you take care of it, you probably wont have serious issues.

If the Yanmar is so much more expensive for the same size tractor with similar options, imagine what the price difference would be for the same parts. Either way, its your money and your decision.

/ LS tractors #8  
I’m looking at the 2024 MT352HC with backhoe model LB2105.
Every time I think of that kind of combination (cab tractor w/hoe) Makes me think, no way.
Climb out of cab, climb upon hoe. Forgot to raise throttle. Down from hoe, into cab, back up on hoe. Need to reposition, down from hoe, up in cab, down from cab, up on hoe......just not for me. Without a cab, you can at least create some cheaters.

/ LS tractors #9  
Every time I think of that kind of combination (cab tractor w/hoe) Makes me think, no way.
Climb out of cab, climb upon hoe. Forgot to raise throttle. Down from hoe, into cab, back up on hoe. Need to reposition, down from hoe, up in cab, down from cab, up on hoe......just not for me. Without a cab, you can at least create some cheaters.
Honestly, its not that bad. It sounds bad, but in reality, its not. My backhoe operates just fine at 1500rpm where the throttle stays. The hydraulics are always on in the detent when the BH is hooked up.

I have bad knees, and climbing around on tractors and backhoes is not much fun at all. Especially if you're digging a shallow trench and moving often, as I was just doing with my son in the photo.

While I would agree that climbing over the seat might be quicker, its no more a pain than taking the two steps up and down. Really not an issue.
IMG_9825.jpg