LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #161  
No matter, the loader will still have a curve where lift force varies with height. Those curves need to be compared, not single numbers that manufacturers are quoting at different heights. The curves will take all factors into account including geometry and hydraulics.

Sure. All loaders have an operating curve. It's the only way to compare.
Here is the curves and some scribbles for Kubota's 1350 loader standard on the M59.
It's a 60 hp 8000 lb machine built to lift and dig.

What is interesting is that after all the scribbles and some notes, it turns out that this loader and this bucket combine to lift a heaping full bucket full of mostly dry dirt to max height with a little lift and stability in reserve. No extra counterweight, no revving the engine ... it just does that much work in normal stock configuration.
So you can load a dump truck from the side.

I wonder if lifting a bucket load of dirt to max height safely would make a good target spec for a standard loader design?

rScotty

M59 kubota loader specs.jpg

Last edited:
   / LS or Kubota #162  
What brands are the LS tractors?

I've never seen a LS dealership
Here's a link to the home page:

And a link to the dealer location page:

LS currently makes tractors for the smaller Case / IH, New holland, and their own line of LS tractors.

/ LS or Kubota #163  
If it's a dealer, I wonder if they have regional service reps? Service schools? Required training? Technical Manuals? Spares? All the things that go along with established dealerships.
Yep, they have all of these things. As with all brands, there are great, average, and poor dealerships. I have witnessed 2 different dealerships grow from very small 'startup' dealerships to multiple locations and / or double to triple in size.
As with an business, there are many factors that can result in that business failing or succeeding. I have known some tractor dealers close just due to poor management.

/ LS or Kubota #164  
Buy the Kubota. Higher price always indicates higher quality and value.
Little difference in price at the end once you factor in 0% financing with Kubota.

/ LS or Kubota #165  
Your lucky if your Kubota wants your business. I live in East Texas and the dealer where I’m at has the attitude you have to buy from them and not question the price. I go to central Texas to buy the same stuff, even if the price is the same which it’s not. I don’t have to buy from them.
Curious what dealer in East Texas you are referring?

/ LS or Kubota #166  
the LS mt342 is an impressive package for a great price and I would have bought the mt342 except for 3 things, the engine is a turbo design and I avoid turbos in tractors, just my preference, the dealer network is thinner than others but all of that can be overcome the killer for me was that LS will not allow customers to purchase the factory service manual for the MT342. for me personally no factory service manual == no sale. I tried everything but the dealer said there was nothing that he could do.

/ LS or Kubota #167  
Yep, they have all of these things. As with all brands, there are great, average, and poor dealerships. I have witnessed 2 different dealerships grow from very small 'startup' dealerships to multiple locations and / or double to triple in size.
As with an business, there are many factors that can result in that business failing or succeeding. I have known some tractor dealers close just due to poor management.

OK. Since the loader specs come in for a lot of attention here on TBN, I'm curious again. If possible, I would like to compare LS loaders with the Kubota TL1350 in post #161 above.
I admit to enjoying looking at loader design - everyone needs another hobby :). And FELs are sort of old style mech eng. in a nutshell. But simplified.....so its a sort of tech talk that speaks to me.
Can you direct me to where I can download a copy of their specific loader curves & loader tech info?
I'd like to think that LS is an "up and comer". Their willingness to share tech details with potential customers will say a lot to me. Kubota, JD, and Yanmar all do a good job of sharing tech info and they have done well.
Thanks,
rScotty

Last edited:
   / LS or Kubota #168  
the LS mt342 is an impressive package for a great price and I would have bought the mt342 except for 3 things, the engine is a turbo design and I avoid turbos in tractors, just my preference, the dealer network is thinner than others but all of that can be overcome the killer for me was that LS will not allow customers to purchase the factory service manual for the MT342. for me personally no factory service manual == no sale. I tried everything but the dealer said there was nothing that he could do.
My dealer gave me the same story on the service manual but that was after I bought the tractor. I was pointed to this website from someone on this forum.

https://www.durattach.com/ls-tractor-mt342c-service-manual.html

/ LS or Kubota #169  
My dealer gave me the same story on the service manual but that was after I bought the tractor. I was pointed to this website from someone on this forum.

https://www.durattach.com/ls-tractor-mt342c-service-manual.html
yes if you have the Cab version that works, but the open station is SOL. at the end of the day it is the mentality of the manufacturer that sets me off. I don't mind paying for someone to work on my stuff but balk at being forced to do so, and with the smaller dealer base of LS it is even a bigger deal due to reduced competition.

BTW I like the LS tractor better than Kubota but would be very careful of the dealer support. I went with Mahindra because it was the best package for me in my area, that could and would change rapidly if the dealer mix in my area was different.

Last edited:
   / LS or Kubota #170  
My Kubota dealer is fighting for my business as I’ve purchased from him before.
Here’s the breakdown of each unit.

LS MT340 HST-Cab-Loader
Dual rear remote
Top and tilt
Heat/AC
Wipers front and rear
Lights front and rear
Third function
Draft control
Radio
Forks
Box blade

$$39,246 with 6% sales tax

Kubota Grand L3560-HST-Cab-L805 loader same as above

$46,422 with 6% sales tax

LS or Kubota
Drive both see what is comfortable a buddy just bought a new tym it's a nice tractor I just don't think it's comfortable
Beyond that I think Kubota has a great hydro transmission on the ones that have 2 speeds in each range I have it on my l4740 and wouldn't have a hydrostatic without it
Another thing to consider is resale value if you decide to upgrade it in a few years