LS 3032 DPF Delete

/ LS 3032 DPF Delete #1  

ServSup

Tractor
LS 3032
Has anyone deleted a similar tractor? I hate this save the planet bs

/ LS 3032 DPF Delete #2  
Some engines you can, IE the TYM diesel, because the engine has no ECM to hobble it.

Pretty sure the LS needs it.

/ LS 3032 DPF Delete #3  

/ LS 3032 DPF Delete #4  
I deleted the entire DPF system on my XG 3032----Along with the entire tractor. Was able to trade the blue malfunction junction in on a new Kubota. Took a royal beating on the trade, but got rid of my problem. Life's too short to have to constantly deal with a continual frustratingly badly designed piece of equipment. I'm just an old guy living on a fixed income pension so yeah it hurt, but now that problem is not sitting in my barn!!!

/ LS 3032 DPF Delete #5  
It is not hard to delete the system on these tractors as long as they have a mechanical injection pump.

/ LS 3032 DPF Delete #6  
It is not hard to delete the system on these tractors as long as they have a mechanical injection pump.
And that’s his problem… I think only one brand now uses a mechanical injection pump.

/ LS 3032 DPF Delete #7  
Look under the hood and see what the design is. If it has sensors pre and post the exhaust treatment system it will possibly require some computer work. If not you may be ok. During the regen process if the ECM is looking from feedback from the system the computer will have to be remapped. If it is an analog system which is only a timed or manual regeneration controlled through engine management the DPF filter itself being there or not will not matter. i.e straight pipe and leave sensors intact to keep the ECM happy.

Just went through a similar process with my Mahindra that does not have a DPF but however still has other Tier 4 garbage add-ons like DOC and EGR. Just learn how the system works and there is always a way to defeat it or render it inoperable.

/ LS 3032 DPF Delete #8  
Has anyone deleted a similar tractor? I hate this save the planet bs
We have a WM 33. The burner was replaced by the dealer under warranty. After about 100 more engine hours, it won't regen. An independent diesel mechanic said, the high heat eventually kills one or more parts in the burner. I believe there is a way to get around the ECU emission functions. The service manual shows that the ECU controls the Engine Main Relay and Fuel Pump Relay. These can be controlled independently of the ECU with two MOSFETs and a bit of rewiring. These engines have a hybrid injection system. The injector block runs on an engine cam just like the Kubota 2501 or older tractors with mechanic fuel injection. The WM33 and similar do not have direct mechanical throttle control, but instead a linear solenoid with position feedback. The throttle input control to the ECU is a variable resistance and this gives an output voltage of about 0.5V to 3.75V. The ECU then uses a voltage/current to control the linear solenoid, which controls the mechanical input to the injector block. If this function bypasses the ECU, then the engine cannot be shut off or have power reduced by the ECU. I believe the circuit to bypass this function of the ECU requires some inexpensive parts; a MOSFET, a small signal bipolar transistor, an operational amp, some resistors, and a small circuit board. The MOSFET will dissipate about 10 watts worst case so it needs to be mounted to the frame of the tractor to dissipate heat. Of course, the DPF needs to be drilled out, which is very easy once you get it off the tractor. A mechanic told me that the DOC would probably eventually stop up and would need to be drilled out or removed. Another option is to remove the large DPF/DOC and replace it with a short piece of pipe.

/ LS 3032 DPF Delete #9  

/ LS 3032 DPF Delete #10  
And that’s his problem… I think only one brand now uses a mechanical injection pump.
The WM33/37 has a mechanical injection pump, but instead of mechanical linkage to the throttle control lever, they use a variable resistor/voltage to the ECU and the ECU controls a linear solenoid with position feedback to meter the fuel and control RPM. A simple circuit should allow bypassing this function of the ECU. Attached is a concept circuit that simulates, but has not been built/tested:

Attachments

• Fuel Meteriing Control.jpg
    Fuel Meteriing Control.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 42