LS 2740 - Loses Power Going Uphill

/ LS 2740 - Loses Power Going Uphill #1  

Ca Rancher

Tractor
Montana LS 2740
Hello,

My Montana is having issues. Starts and runs but when I try and go uphill it barely moves. I have changed the diesel to fresh, changed the fuel filter. Changed the oil. Changed the hydraulic/transmission fluid. What would be next? The clutch is not slipping or anything that I can tell. Trying to locate the fuel pump - could that be it?

Any help would be appreciated!

/ LS 2740 - Loses Power Going Uphill #2  
Is your Montana tractor equipped with an HST transmission?

/ LS 2740 - Loses Power Going Uphill #3  
Montana 2740 is gear drive. 4speed with 2 ranges. Have you changed the air filter and cleaned the ducting around it? maybe a rodent built a home in there. could be a brake hanging up. Also check the fuel line and outlet on the tank. The strainer under the fuel cap on mine ripped pretty easily with the spout on a fuel can. Since the fuel cap is on top of the tank behind the seat, it's easy to knock some dirt into the tank when fueling. Also check for fuel gelling if you're in cold weather.....Dan.

/ LS 2740 - Loses Power Going Uphill #4  
Hello,

My Montana is having issues. Starts and runs but when I try and go uphill it barely moves. I have changed the diesel to fresh, changed the fuel filter. Changed the oil. Changed the hydraulic/transmission fluid. What would be next? The clutch is not slipping or anything that I can tell. Trying to locate the fuel pump - could that be it?

It all depends on what gear you are trying to go uphill in.

Simple answer is shift into a lower gear.

Has it gone up this hill before with no loss of power - ie: it worked before, and now it doesn’t?

/ LS 2740 - Loses Power Going Uphill
Yes it has been fine going uphill in almost any gear. I did change the air filter as well. I changed the gas and that was not it. In a warmer area so no issues with cold

/ LS 2740 - Loses Power Going Uphill #6  
Does it sound like it's running on all cylinders, loosen the fuel line at each injector to ensure fuel sprays out and see if the engine changes whenever the line is loose. My guess it's fuel related, check the fuel line from the tank to the engine for any cracks/deterioration could be sucking air.

/ LS 2740 - Loses Power Going Uphill #7  
LINK:

/ LS 2740 - Loses Power Going Uphill #8  
Hello,