Love it but regret it

/ Love it but regret it #1  

Florida2610D

Tractor
Yanmar 2610D
I absolute love my RK24 but I regret buying it. Customer service at my local store absolutely sucks. Trying to get an answer to a question or finding a part in person is almost impossible. I have never called my local store and been able to speak to anybody in the Tractor Department. They leave you on hold until you hang up. I tried five times in one day, same thing every time. I am talking 30 to 40 minutes on hold. So I never call anymore. I drive the 40 minutes to the store when I need something and when I finally get somebody from the tractor department to actually address me they act like it is an inconvenience to deal with my question or request. Some of the most miserable people I have ever dealt with. I wish you could just order RK or TYM parts online without having to deal with these people.

/ Love it but regret it
Like trying to find out if they have a part in stock or if it has to be ordered. What hydraulic fluid do they recommend from the multiple brands they stock, or can I get somebody to load up this $2500 tiller I just bought. You name it, bad customer service.

/ Love it but regret it #4  
Not sure where you are located in Florida but I've never felt blown off by the folks in the Lake Wales store but by the same token I've never tried contacting them by phone as far as tractor related. There's only two individuals there that I know of that really have experience with the tractors so it can be trying to make sure to hit the store when they aren't at lunch or their day off. As far as parts, both times I have needed parts covered under warranty they have ordered them for me then called me when they came in. I shattered the glass in one of my mirrors so I got the part number from the parts catalog on the RK Tractor site and took it to the store. While I was there they verified the part number and ordered the part right then. Like you, I wish you could just order the parts yourself on line and have it shipped to your house............

/ Love it but regret it #5  
It is hit or miss between covid, staffing and locations, but my VA store has been pretty solid.

FYI I did discover that the local Mahindra dealer had me covered on filters, fluid and general knowledge for the 55 since they have a tym built version they sell.

/ Love it but regret it #6  
I thought you were going to say that you regretted it after seeing the new RK25 that just came out. A lot more tractor with a lot bigger tires and frame for only $1000 more with loader. Saw a 24 and 25 side-by-side the other day. No comparison.

My neighbor has an RK24 and his biggest complaint with Rural King is that they won't let him trade his tractor in for something else. That's another area where they differ from a standard dealer. Won't take trade-ins or deal with any used equipment -- not even RK brand units.

/ Love it but regret it #7  
I thought you were going to say that you regretted it after seeing the new RK25 that just came out. A lot more tractor with a lot bigger tires and frame for only $1000 more with loader. Saw a 24 and 25 side-by-side the other day. No comparison.

My neighbor has an RK24 and his biggest complaint with Rural King is that they won't let him trade his tractor in for something else. That's another area where they differ from a standard dealer. Won't take trade-ins or deal with any used equipment -- not even RK brand units.
No need for wiki. This is the definition of kicking a man when he is down.

/ Love it but regret it #8  

To be fair, you almost never get as much for anything in trade versus selling on your own. They are probably doing you a favor.

/ Love it but regret it #9  
These kind of thoughts are the reason I never seriously considered a RK tractor. I don't regret that decision.

Now, if they're selling at 50% off because they're exiting the tractor business, I'll take a RK55 please.

/ Love it but regret it #10  
No need for wiki. This is the definition of kicking a man when he is down.

Sorry. That wasn't my intent.

Seems like RK has finally tried to fill the gap between their 24 and 37 with this new RK25 model. It was a big gap and I always wondered why they didn't have something in between.