Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #21  
   / Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #22  
Recently I've been doing some research on the cheapo Chinese plasma cutters mainly for sheet metal. I'd like a really good brand but can't justify the cost and don't have the dough to buy one anyway so it's either cheapo or none at all. The "Colossal" brand CUT50 by Ebay seller "usaprovidersinc" seems to have good ratings and there's a few youtube videos on it plus some good reviews on a couple welding forums. The seller has almost 13k of feedback at 99.6% and they give a 1 year warranty on their own and not the manufacturer. They also sell the consumables for them which seem to be standard. The letter after the "CUT50" means other things like D is dual power, F is Pilot Arc. The cost is between 250-300 shipped. I've asked the seller some questions and they seem quick to answer. Anyhow, I figured I'd share what I have found so far and I will probably give it a try just can't decide whether I want the Pilot Arc or dual voltage.

I saw this one today and the name struck me funny for some reason 'francycube'
Francyqube® CT-312 Multi Welder Machine TIG/MMA/Air Plasma Cutter Welding 3 In 1 Functional - - Amazon.com

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #23  
If you rent the bottle of argon, getting into scratch start Tig welding on a CC SMAW machine really doesn't cost that much.
WP 26V 25R 25' 200Amp Air Cooled TIG Welding Torch Gas Valve Ready to Go Package | eBay
HTP Argon CO2 MIG TIG Flow Meter Regulator Welding Weld | eBay
Interesting, how much does it cost to rent a bottle? I see HF sells small tanks. What can you connect that Tig setup to? I have a 220v a/c stick welder but figured tig would need something else.

Funny name. No reviews on the item and no warranty info listed. I would be afraid they wouldn't warranty it if there was an issue. There's recourse with E-bay/Paypal. That model number seems to be common for the 3 in 1.

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #24  

Look back at my 'review' in post #18 on page 2 of this thread. Its a near identical machine in a different color, but mine was advertised as a '2015 model' and it does have a more modern looking moulded plastic face. This may be purely cosmetic but it may in fact indicate it really is an updated model, which may be significant as reviews I found on youtube for earlier models did have some annoying problems caused by sloppy assembly.

(Some things I forgot to mention in the earlier post. This thing had absolutely no useful instructions, but that wasn't really a problem as a bit of googling and youtubing soon finds some useful videos showing how these work. And replacement consumables for these are dirt cheap. I ordered a pack of 10 tips etc for less than $20.)

Last edited:
   / Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #25  
Interesting, how much does it cost to rent a bottle? I see HF sells small tanks. What can you connect that Tig setup to? I have a 220v a/c stick welder but figured tig would need something else.
Every area, and supplier are different. It could be $10.00 to $15.00 a month.
You'll need a DC welding machine.

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #26  
Ah, I see. I'm not ready for that plunge yet. Any thoughts on Pilot Arc versus dual voltage? Portability is a good thing.

Alchemysa, I think many of these machines look like they are from the same builder or they all copy each other which wouldn't surprise me.

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #27  
Everyone around here including the helpful guy at my LWS, PraxAir, says buy the bottle and they just exchange for a full one when you come in. A 150cf bottle cost me $150 and the fills fluctuate between $34- $42. The fluctuation drives me nuts

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #28  
Alchemysa, I think many of these machines look like they are from the same builder or they all copy each other which wouldn't surprise me.

Yes I am sure they are. But my point was that the one i bought looked a little more modern with its plastic moulded face. This suggested to me that maybe it was slightly more 'evolved' and made by someone who is a little more experienced and committed (i.e careful) about making these things. I'd be a bit wary of buying something that looks a bit too much like its been thrown together.

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #29  
Everyone around here including the helpful guy at my LWS, PraxAir, says buy the bottle and they just exchange for a full one when you come in. A 150cf bottle cost me $150 and the fills fluctuate between $34- $42. The fluctuation drives me nuts

You're fortunate. In my area the biggest "owner" bottle is 80cu ft. :(

Anything larger has to be leased.

Terry

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #30  
You're fortunate. In my area the biggest "owner" bottle is 80cu ft. :(

Anything larger has to be leased.

Terry

Hard to fathom. I think my old SCUBA tank holds 60 so your tank would be just a tad larger? The 150 cf tank measures about 10" dia x 54" tall. Is that some government rule? Move down here we can rebuild all kinds of old junk!:laughing: