Lost an hour to DST

/ Lost an hour to DST #11  
We could resolve the whole 'kids walking to school in the dark' issue by making them go to school in the summer and giving them 3 months off in the winter. Then they could be of use and shovel the driveway, load the woodshed, that kind of stuff. 🙃

/ Lost an hour to DST #12  
Kids around here will be waiting for the bus in the dark tomorrow morning. They were in the daylight last week. I remember the good old days when we didn't change our clocks.

/ Lost an hour to DST #13  
Kids around here will be waiting for the bus in the dark tomorrow morning. They were in the daylight last week. I remember the good old days when we didn't change our clocks.
You remember those days? Didn’t DST start during the WW2 era?

/ Lost an hour to DST #15  
DLT started in 2006 here.

/ Lost an hour to DST #16  
Indiana is a unique state, or at least it was, when it comes to DST. Most of the state didn't observer DST until around 2006. Before that, the only thing that changed was TV schedules. Prime time was 7-10pm in winter. When the rest of the country changed times, we didn't, but prime time was 8-11pm.

In summer, we were an hour behind Michigan and Ohio, but on the same time as Illinois. In winter, we were on the same time as Michigan and Ohio, but an hour ahead of Illinois. EXCEPT for 4 counties that were over by Chicago were always on Chicago time, and a few counties in SW Indiana were on Chicago time. We always called the Central Time Zone the Chicago Time Zone. 🤣

Today, 80 counties out of 92 are on Eastern Time all year long. The other 12 are on CST all year long.

Geographically, all of Indiana SHOULD be in the CST, as was mentioned, the sun is at high noon around 2pm in summer. This indicates we should shift to the west out of the EST.

I'd prefer to just leave it the way it is right now. Almost all of our clocks reset themselves automatically, I get more done after work when it's light out, we can enjoy outdoor recreation in daylight after work, etc.

/ Lost an hour to DST #17  
Indiana is a unique state, or at least it was, when it comes to DST. Most of the state didn't observer DST until around 2006. Before that, the only thing that changed was TV schedules. Prime time was 7-10pm in winter. When the rest of the country changed times, we didn't, but prime time was 8-11pm.

In summer, we were an hour behind Michigan and Ohio, but on the same time as Illinois. In winter, we were on the same time as Michigan and Ohio, but an hour ahead of Illinois. EXCEPT for 4 counties that were over by Chicago were always on Chicago time, and a few counties in SW Indiana were on Chicago time. We always called the Central Time Zone the Chicago Time Zone. 🤣

Today, 80 counties out of 92 are on Eastern Time all year long. The other 12 are on CST all year long.

Geographically, all of Indiana SHOULD be in the CST, as was mentioned, the sun is at high noon around 2pm in summer. This indicates we should shift to the west out of the EST.

I'd prefer to just leave it the way it is right now. Almost all of our clocks reset themselves automatically, I get more done after work when it's light out, we can enjoy outdoor recreation in daylight after work, etc.
Yeah I do enjoy long summer evenings after work. Time to do a little work in the garden and other outdoor chores, then a barbecue and beverages on the patio while it’s still light.

/ Lost an hour to DST #18  
Then I lost another hour or so setting my clocks ahead. It seems like I do this every spring... :rolleyes:🤪
Senators Whitehouse (Rhode Island) and Senator Rubio (Florida) are co-sponsoring a bill to make Daylight Savings Time permanently year round. Personally I hope it gains traction and passes.

/ Lost an hour to DST #19  
Yippee, I get to start work in the dark again.