Lost an hour to DST

/ Lost an hour to DST #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Then I lost another hour or so setting my clocks ahead. It seems like I do this every spring... :rolleyes:🤪

/ Lost an hour to DST #2  
Don't waste too much time looking for the hour that you lost. Cause I'm betting you won't find it for another 6 months or so

/ Lost an hour to DST #3  
We have DLT(Daylight Losing Time) here.

/ Lost an hour to DST #5  
Then in the fall it must be DWT (Daylight Winning Time). I am always glad to more time outside to get things done. Especially during the warm months.

/ Lost an hour to DST
I don't like heat, so not having that extra hour in the AM to get things done before going to work really sucks.

/ Lost an hour to DST #7  
I would like to see time set so at high noon, the sun is actually at it's highest point. Around here it seems like it's a couple hours off. That makes too much sense.

/ Lost an hour to DST #8  
Many states are ditching DST and remain on EST (or DST) year round. Other states have legislation in progress to do the same. It makes for headaches during interstate travel though. It's really up to the feds to decide.

The main objection to year round DST seems to be the fact that sunrise will be after 8 AM in December. Children will be in the dark when going to school in the AM. Around here, they are in the dark anyway due to the crazy school bus schedules.

/ Lost an hour to DST
The main objection to year round DST seems to be the fact that sunrise will be after 8 AM in December. Children will be in the dark when going to school in the AM.
When I was in school we stayed on DST one year. My mother was one of the people complaining because I had to walk 1/4 mile in the dark. :eek:
I couldn't see what the big deal was, it's not like we lived on a high traffic road.

/ Lost an hour to DST #10  
In summer, when the clock says about 1:50pm, the sun is finally at it's high point. But I do enjoy the extra daylight hours after work. In winter, it's dark when I go to work and almost dark when I get home. I'd rather have that extra hour of daylight at the end of my day than the beginning.

Being that we're on the western edge of the eastern time zone, it doesn't get dark until almost 10pm in summer. That's fine with me.