Looking for used 50-70hp, pre-emissions tractor. JD?

/ Looking for used 50-70hp, pre-emissions tractor. JD? #21  
here are images of both types attachment side. definitely not compatible with each other

ssqa.png

Alo.jpg

/ Looking for used 50-70hp, pre-emissions tractor. JD? #22  
I see a lot more 2wd right now. Seems like 4WD is super expensive. If 2wd were even an option something like this would probably be good.

JD 5420 for $23,500. Doesn't list hours though.

00404_3HcwDdkUBfNz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg
Kind of looks like that loader was actually built for a 4WD tractor.

/ Looking for used 50-70hp, pre-emissions tractor. JD? #23  
How

How can a new tractor in that hp range be sold without emissions? I don’t think that’s legal. Please explain what the situation is, because your description doesn’t make sense to me.
Th 4707 is 70 hp. It's right under the limit for Tier4 emissions. Massey did something kind of unique, they made the 4708, 4709 and 4710 with the exact same engine, except they are 80 hp, 90 hp and 100 hp. The 4707 is the only one under the limit, so it doesn't have DEF, and it doesn't Regenerate. The others all do.

Here is a link with some info on the 4707 Massey-Ferguson 4707 Tractor Loader Deluxe Cab

I think New Holland is the same with 70 hp tractors, but Kubota and Deer both use DEF on their 70 hp tractors. It's kind of hit or miss on what company does this.

/ Looking for used 50-70hp, pre-emissions tractor. JD? #24  
Go Massey, the 4700 series are some nice machines.

/ Looking for used 50-70hp, pre-emissions tractor. JD? #25  
Keep in mind if you do buy JD they use a different quick attach system. I personally like their QA system, it’s very simple. You can get a SSQA plate that hooks up to a JD.

Also you tell about lifting a load with a 500 pound box blade and someone standing on the back. I own a JD 2025r and the loader is listed at a lot less capacity than you Kubota and they say ballast of around 700 pounds AND loaded tires. For you Kubota to be stable at max lift you need more ballast.

/ Looking for used 50-70hp, pre-emissions tractor. JD? #26  
I tend to agree, but the more I read these forums and listen to people, I think Kubota may be one of the few who put a loader on that is rightly sized for the tractor and weight. The problem I see is that everyone just looks at specs and goes, ooh, that lifts more so it is better. The problem is they have a 3000# lift capacity on a 5000lb tractor and then a front axle breaks (or worse the tractor splits in half :)) and it's the tractors fault, not theirs for doing something they probably shouldn't have.

I guess what I am saying is most should go up a size in tractor, but of course they can't afford to or just don't want to. There will always be fringe cases, but if you are looking at max loader capacity and expecting to always need it, one should be buying a bigger tractor.

I've had similar thoughts about different brands and their loader ratings. It's not like it is difficult or expensive to make a loader lift more weight. Any mechanic can do that quickly & for not much money. For a manufacturer to increase lift is no cost at all.

And Kubota has to know that their loaders are rated to lift less than others, just like they have to be aware that their lower loader lift spec is costing them sales.

But they do it anyway. What does that tell you?
rScotty

/ Looking for used 50-70hp, pre-emissions tractor. JD?
   / Looking for used 50-70hp, pre-emissions tractor. JD? #28  
I think New Holland is the same with 70 hp tractors, but Kubota and Deer both use DEF on their 70 hp tractors. It's kind of hit or miss on what company does this.
Kubota doesn't use DEF on either the M7060 or M4 which are both over 70HP. Not sure about Deere.

/ Looking for used 50-70hp, pre-emissions tractor. JD?
But they do it anyway. What does that tell you?
rScotty
I don’t know. Safer? Considering most users have no concept of balance or ballast. More honest? More accurate? Better match to the tractor’s weight?

/ Looking for used 50-70hp, pre-emissions tractor. JD? #30  
I don’t know. Safer? Considering most users have no concept of balance or ballast. More honest? More accurate? Better match to the tractor’s weight?
All of the above