Price Check Looking for selling price advice for a B21 that needs a new rear axle

/ Looking for selling price advice for a B21 that needs a new rear axle #1  

VTsteader

Tractor
Kubota B21
Good evening all,

So, I was thinking about selling my 2001 B21 with approx 1300hrs when I noticed hydraulic fluid leaking from the rear axle, yay! I had it brought to the local dealer and they quoted me $3500 to do the repair, ugh. My question is, how much could I sell it for, as is, being upfront with potential buyers that it needs the work? Everything else on the tractor is solid with two yr old turf tires on it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob

/ Looking for selling price advice for a B21 that needs a new rear axle
Hahaha! Yer close enough to me, come an get it! :laughing:

/ Looking for selling price advice for a B21 that needs a new rear axle #6  
Just my humble opinion, but I’d wager to say you could probably get about half of what it’s worth with the busted rear end. The potential buyer is going to have to be modivated enough to not only pay for the repair but go through the hassle of it all when there are plenty of other options on the market.

So just for the sake of argument, if the tractor is worth $12K in good condition, and it needs a $3500 repair, selling it for $6K might leave enough meat on the bone for a potential buyer to take a risk on a busted tractor and get it repaired. He’s also taking a risk that the rest of the tractor is in decent operating condition. You may know it is, but the buyer doesn’t.

Might be best to go ahead and get it repaired, then you may get more for it by advertising that it has a brand new rear end.

/ Looking for selling price advice for a B21 that needs a new rear axle #7  
I'd agree with Tractorable mostly;
except if it's worth $10-12,000 in good condition, and it needs a $3500 repair, I'd be asking $6-8000 if selling;
if buying it'd be more like $5000.

/ Looking for selling price advice for a B21 that needs a new rear axle #8  
Just my humble opinion, but I’d wager to say you could probably get about half of what it’s worth with the busted rear end. The potential buyer is going to have to be modivated enough to not only pay for the repair but go through the hassle of it all when there are plenty of other options on the market.

So just for the sake of argument, if the tractor is worth $12K in good condition, and it needs a $3500 repair, selling it for $6K might leave enough meat on the bone for a potential buyer to take a risk on a busted tractor and get it repaired. He’s also taking a risk that the rest of the tractor is in decent operating condition. You may know it is, but the buyer doesn’t.

Might be best to go ahead and get it repaired, then you may get more for it by advertising that it has a brand new rear end.

I’ve always been against that mentality. I’d rather buy something that’s original vs a proven piece of junk. Especially a vehicle with a long list of parts.

/ Looking for selling price advice for a B21 that needs a new rear axle #9  
I'd agree with Tractorable mostly;
except if it's worth $10-12,000 in good condition, and it needs a $3500 repair, I'd be asking $6-8000 if selling;
if buying it'd be more like $5000.

That’s about the same conclusion I came to with a few minutes of searching.

/ Looking for selling price advice for a B21 that needs a new rear axle
LoL
Thats a heavy tractor well 4 my trlr and snowblower use that is.
Seriously, check out some online auctions minus say 2500.

Thanks, I've been looking through those, thinking the same.