looking for camera for dump trailer

/ looking for camera for dump trailer #1  

tmcj

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL
My truck is an '07 without a back up camera. I would like to get one for the typical trailer hitching guide, but mainly wanted it for putting it on my dump trailer to watch the contents dumping out. Especially when it is a load of dirt that is a little wet or has sticky clay it doesn't always dump well. It would be great for any full loads that you need to gradually pull up to let the entire load dump, or when tailgating stone. My plan was to have a magnetic base that I could move from the hitch to the trailer as needed. I'm sure I'm not the first one to consider doing this. Any suggestions for a good camera and monitor combo with a magnetic base?

/ looking for camera for dump trailer #2  
There are many options on such as ebay and many of the cameras could be mounted to magnetic or any other surface. I bought and installed on tractor fel and was pleased for few minutes and then monitor failed and learned there are so many different plug connections it can be near impossible to get monitor and cameras that have same plugs if not bought as set. Not sure would trust magnetic to hold camera on trailer if pulling at any speed, they can bounce a good bit. Also be sure to have ground to camera if it will be used on trailer for you can not trust hitch to be good ground connection.

/ looking for camera for dump trailer
I don't intend to leave it in place while towing, just dumping. I plug in and unplug the dump remote to the trailer each time it is used and figured I could just place and remove the camera at the same time. I'll check around eBay, Amazon, etc. Thanks.

/ looking for camera for dump trailer #4  
IBall is a wireless camera that monitor plugs into 12V in cab and camera is battery powered with magnetic mount. Range is good enough to use for trailer hitching then relocating into horse trailer to monitor horses during transport. We have had one for 10 years and it works great.

/ looking for camera for dump trailer
Cool, that sounds just like what I'm looking for. I'll have to look for that one. Thanks.

/ looking for camera for dump trailer #6  
   / looking for camera for dump trailer #7  
I have a unit called “shift hitch” that I’ve been using to hook up trailers and mount inside horse trailer when hauling horses. It has worked flawlessly for nearly 10 years.

/ looking for camera for dump trailer #8  
I saw a reasonably new F250 with a camera on the front grill, appeared to be factory. Thought it was a good idea for getting close to the car in front of you in a parking lot!
David from jax