Looking for a Zero Turn

/ Looking for a Zero Turn #1  

TBigLug

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 401C
My old John Deere L120 blew it's rods so it's time to upgrade. My wife just had her 3rd shoulder surgery so she can't turn the steering wheel on the tractor anymore so she wants a ZT. No problem. I'm looking at the $4,000 - $6,000 range. I mow about 3 acres complete with hills and trees. Here's what I'm looking at in this order. Can anyone with personal experience with THESE mowers help me out. Thanks.

Exmark Radius E 60" $5,999
Ariens Apex 60" $5,199
Ariens Ikon XL 60" $4,399
Gravely ZT HD $5,299
Gravely ZT XL $4,299

/ Looking for a Zero Turn #2  
Only advice I'll mention is I would have your wife test drive a few ZT's and see if that works for her shoulder. Might find out the steering wheel isn't that bad.

/ Looking for a Zero Turn #3  
Also keep in mind that a ZT usually requires two hands. So you don't get to rest one arm or the other.

/ Looking for a Zero Turn #4  
Our church uses gravely HD and it's doing well. Doesnt have roll bar. If i buy gravely will be proturn model.

/ Looking for a Zero Turn #5  
You might consider Grasshopper. Has a 4 year warranty and company offers great customer support. Machines are built extremely well also.

/ Looking for a Zero Turn #6  
Why limited to those? I’m a fan of zero turns, but if your wife doesn’t like that did your previous mower have power steering? My F series Kubota does and the mower at the church does. They both turn easier than my vehicles.