Buying Advice Looking for a tractor

/ Looking for a tractor #41  
I find mowing 40 acres every week very strange and expensive . Also a little strange no more comments about all the questions that need answering .

/ Looking for a tractor #43  
I mow 40 acres once per year with a 35 horse tractor and a 7 ft mower that's plenty for me

/ Looking for a tractor #44  
John Deere makes a 1600 series wide area mower with a 11 ft cut that mows 75 acres in 8 hours but are extremely expensive and can maneuver around trees, but are just mowers but you can put a front blade on but no loader.

/ Looking for a tractor #45  
9 ft NH451 sickle bar mower on a MF135 - diesel if possible.
I think that combination could be done for about 10k.
Would need to be a civilized 40 acres and the owner would need to be "handy".
Using Jeff's calculator and assuming 5 mph yields about 5 ac/hr - so all 40 in a day's work.

/ Looking for a tractor #46  
If your fencing is okay, some sheep could be a simple solution.

/ Looking for a tractor #48  
I honestly think this is a troll question, but it does strike home with me. What place grows fast enough that it requires mowing every week to keep it clean and neat? It sure doesn't here in the wettest part of the gulf coast, where many people are more concerned with killing or grazing grass than grooming it! .....Since the OP's post indicates he hasn't a clue about the job, he should probably go with newer equipment rather than older equipment that might need more support while he just works it into the ground. All in, this guy is getting on an expensive, steep learning curve.

....I mow 41 of my 43 acres and can't comprehend any situation where a single mowing combination can keep a place that size clean and neat, for a budget price. I use a couple of different tractors and a zero turn to do mine, while my favorite piece of cutting equipment is a drum mower. The drum mower doesn't take a ton of power to produce a nice tight cut that promotes grasses rather than weed growth, and leaves a windrow in the middle that shelters enough of the ground to hold moisture while the grass builds back cover in hot summer weather. Multiple other rough and finish cut mowers fill in the gaps, and always come in handy when using old equipment with plenty of use on them.

/ Looking for a tractor #49  
I would never mow 40 acres once a week. Especially with a heavy tractor. I bushhogged my little 8 acres once this summer witha 6ft bushhog an it took... too long to sit on a tractor. Several hhours. Which aint bad but considering the bumps and all, even with a suspension seat, my back was stiff.

/ Looking for a tractor #50  
If this is not a troll ,then for his own financial saftey to op needs to get a contractor to do the job.