Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #201  
This and related issues are why you see dealers remain in place while the manufacturers they represent change. I ran the service department at a dealership where one brand accounted for about a quarter of the service volume and three quarters of our headaches. Nobody at the dealership was unhappy when the boss dropped that brand. It's not always the manufacturer that terminates the dealer.
The only way a tractor brand drops a dealer is if they don't pay their bills. Lol.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #202  
The only way a tractor brand drops a dealer is if they don't pay their bills. Lol.
Not so. The AGCO dealer in our area lost his contract two years ago over dealer standards requirements. Large, well established and well funded dealer with multiple brands that is still going full bore.
Poof! No more Massey. New Holland has been known to do the same thing.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #205  
Funny how some people buy a tractor and instantly know everything there is to know about dealerships.
Yes sir .. (y)

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #206  
Not true at all. My JD dealer was a fairly large dealer but only a single location. Not one of those 10 store mega companies. They sold TONS of non-ag stuff (zero turns, lawn tractors, CUTs, etc.) but not a monstrous amount of ag. Deere forced them out because of their (lack of) ag volume. This was about 2 years ago. Mind you, this is a fantastically well know dealer that sells lots of powersports stuff too, not some minor player. Largest Polaris/Indian dealer in the 5-state region, I believe. They just didn't meet the manufacturer's goals for a certain category. Their other option besides being kicked out was to merge with one of the mega dealers, which was a no-go for them.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #207  
There is a large construction equipment dealer near where I used to live that carried Case Construction equipment since before it was a separate division. They ended up signing Komatsu years ago and it got to be that dealer's preeminent brand for a lot of good reasons. The Case brass came around and started making a bunch of noise about the Komatsu presence at the dealership. They got invited to load up the Case equipment and sell it somewhere else, which they did. So it works all ways and for many reasons.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #208  
IH or CIH and Deere did the same shut down smaller dealers so the larger could get even larger.

And for that matter so did Kubota, the original dealer for Kubota in this area way back when they were the new kid on the block
and the most commonly heard comment was why would you want to buy one of those J-- pieces of cr-- once they started to become more accepted Kubota started pushing for fancy buildings and large inventory he is currently a Kioti dealer and has been for several years.
His sons are running it now. He was also a Ford dealer till the mergers started.

Last edited:
   / Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #209  
Not so. The AGCO dealer in our area lost his contract two years ago over dealer standards requirements. Large, well established and well funded dealer with multiple brands that is still going full bore.
Poof! No more Massey. New Holland has been known to do the same thing.

The dealer standard of paying their bills!;)

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #210  
Funny how some people buy a tractor and instantly know everything there is to know about dealerships.
I don't even own a tractor right now, just fix other people's. My next purchase will be CTL👍