Looking at 15 series

/ Looking at 15 series #11  
Chuck,
The price reduction rebate is in addition to the cash in lieu rebate. As for the loader q'tach it is just that only 2 nuts to remove. The others have explained it well. Good luck!

/ Looking at 15 series #12  
I have a gear drive 2015. Not a single complaint. It's very heavy duty for it's size, the price was right, and it does everything I ask. It's easy to maintain. The loader removal is a 5 minute job once you do it a couple times. I've done it many times.

I didn't see anything in your pics that the 2015 wouldn't handle.

/ Looking at 15 series #13  
ChuckinNH said:
In looking at the 2015 yesterday, I noticed that the loader removal is different than many tractors that size. Do you have to remove that bottom plate to dismount the loader? Are users happy with the setup?

The 18 and the 24 both have the newest style loaders and do not require a wrench to remove, although the wrench issue is no big deal. You can't go wrong with any of these machines. I'd drive all the smaller sizes then make a choice.

/ Looking at 15 series #14  
ChuckinNH said:
How do you like the Woods RFM, and the RFM in general? (BTW I was an R&D toolmaker, and ran that department for many years)

I have a Woods RDC54 rear mower. When I was looking at tractors last year, I really had my mind made up that I wanted the 2015 with a mid mower and loader, but the dealer brought up some excellent points. I would lose ground clearance if I am doing loader work (in in the end it turns out it really did matter to me), and if I was going to remove the deck for loader work, it was far easier to remove a 3pt mower than a mid mower. I can attach the woods mower in a matter of minutes, without any hard effort on my part and no crawling around on the ground or under the tractor.

The woods mower is so incredibly tough compared to anything on any lawn or garden tractor on the market. I would even venture to say that the woods mower weighs more than many lawn tractors and it's just a mower deck. I will probably be in a better position to comment on the woods by the end of this summer, once I have lots of hours on it, unless I want to try using it now for snow removal!! :p

In some ways, now that I have a "real" tractor, I wished I had bought 2 of the things LOL. One just for mowing and one just for digging, but I will settle with what I have for now.

/ Looking at 15 series #15  
I have a 2615 HST and couldn't be happier. I've always worked with gear tractors before and it took me a bit of getting used to, but I think this tractor is probably the last one I'll ever need, for the next 20-30 years anyway. The one exception would be if I was using it mostly to work fields, such as discing or scraping or whatever. The extra oomph of the gear is nice then.

I haven't had it on a dyno, but I'd be willing to bet it has considerably more than 26 hp -- probably more like 32 or so. It just goes and goes.

But, my land is about as flat as it gets, with only orchard trees to work around. If I was trying to work in sloped, forested lands like yours, smaller might be better, and the 2015 might be perfect. Like Dave said, try both and see what works best for you.

/ Looking at 15 series #16  
NEFirewood said:
....In some ways, now that I have a "real" tractor, I wished I had bought 2 of the things LOL. One just for mowing and one just for digging, but I will settle with what I have for now.

It's not too late to buy a second one....

/ Looking at 15 series #17  
NorCalMatt said:
I have a 2615 HST and couldn't be happier. I've always worked with gear tractors before and it took me a bit of getting used to, but I think this tractor is probably the last one I'll ever need, for the next 20-30 years anyway. The one exception would be if I was using it mostly to work fields, such as discing or scraping or whatever. The extra oomph of the gear is nice then.

I haven't had it on a dyno, but I'd be willing to bet it has considerably more than 26 hp -- probably more like 32 or so. It just goes and goes.

But, my land is about as flat as it gets, with only orchard trees to work around. If I was trying to work in sloped, forested lands like yours, smaller might be better, and the 2015 might be perfect. Like Dave said, try both and see what works best for you.

Matt, bring it up and I'll stick it on the dyno for free. I'd bet 29 HP, 28 minimum.

/ Looking at 15 series #18  
"Matt, bring it up and I'll stick it on the dyno for free. I'd bet 29 HP, 28 minimum.

Yo Dave:

Could I throw my Harley on there too?

Heck, if this rain keeps up, the Mahindra is going to be the only vehicle I have that could make it to Red Bluff!

I hope I can fit it on the Ark, what with all the animals two-by-two and all....

My fingers are starting to grow webbing.

/ Looking at 15 series #19  
NorCalMatt said:
"Matt, bring it up and I'll stick it on the dyno for free. I'd bet 29 HP, 28 minimum.

Yo Dave:

Could I throw my Harley on there too?

Heck, if this rain keeps up, the Mahindra is going to be the only vehicle I have that could make it to Red Bluff!

I hope I can fit it on the Ark, what with all the animals two-by-two and all....

My fingers are starting to grow webbing.

As long as your Harley has a pto shaft...

Raining here a lot, snowing down low also. We are displaying at the Bull Sale in Red Bluff this week and not doing much business due to the weather. Crazy people would rather stay warm that buy a tractor. Some people just don't have their priorities straight....:D

/ Looking at 15 series #20  
No PTO on the Harley, but I do have a Yamaha with a drive shaft....

Nothing like a week-long storm during a trade show. I feel yer pain.

We're at 4 inches of rain since Monday morning, and another 2 or so expected today. The creek is rising rapidly:

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/river/cacheStages.html

The horse and the Mahindra are sharing the barn.

Hope you all are staying warm and dry!