long time Kubota dealer

/ long time Kubota dealer #31  
Local Kubota dealer doing well enough to seeking service techs,and the lot has stock but the second tractors etc. are few.
Founder of TLE in NH step back couple years ago let the son take over,in doing so sons have open dealership in VT.

/ long time Kubota dealer #32  
Napa is freakishly expensive for hoses compared to a hydraulic hose company like Aaxion ( https://www.aaxioninc.com/ ), or whatever company is in your area that specializes in hydraulic hoses, but they are open on Sunday, and if I'm desperate, I'll pay what they charge so I can get back to work.
Problem with that is, you are back to ordering it and waiting for it and with me at least, if a hose fails, I need it asap. Around here we have Parker, Motion Industries, Fastenal and NAPA but NAPA is the most convenient. One thing about our local NAPA store is, they have just about everything I need (at a price of course). I really dislike going to a discount auto parts place other than say for oil. Sales people there for them most part don't have a clue. If it's not on their computer screen, you are basically out of luck.

/ long time Kubota dealer #33  
Local Kubota dealer doing well enough to seeking service techs
So is mine and like I said previously, the owner wants me to come work for him which I'm hesitant about being 'gainfully retired'. Living in a rural ag community, all the employees there are also farmers and the owner is very good about letting his employees time off to farm. I do spend some serious money there, nothing I buy in the way of tractors or implements is cheap. Just purchased a new 45 grand round bailer.

Getting treated like family is always a nice feeling.

/ long time Kubota dealer #34  
I worked 30+ years and retired from a dealer in AZ. They started in the mid 50's with Ford and then added Case ag. Over the years they have grown to 12 facilities statewide. The now have Case construction, Ford/New Holland, Kubota full line, Bobcat, Massey/Agco, plus a number of short lines. Father started out in 1955. Son and grandsons now operate it. Over my 30 years there, I left a couple of times, always thought the grass was greener somewhere else. They actually had positions created for me a couple of times, and in my time there, I helped to open or relocate more than one of their facilities. And yes, they made me feel like one of the family.

/ long time Kubota dealer #35  
Hard for me to keep turning the job offer down because they treat my wife and I like family. I'm sure it would be a totally low stress job but the siren call of retirement and having enough money to live my life like I want to is a very strong deterrent.

Besides, I get to machine stuff for them and I rarely charge them anyway. Do it because I want to, not because I need to. Big difference.

/ long time Kubota dealer #36  
I worked 30+ years and retired from a dealer in AZ. They started in the mid 50's with Ford and then added Case ag. Over the years they have grown to 12 facilities statewide. The now have Case construction, Ford/New Holland, Kubota full line, Bobcat, Massey/Agco, plus a number of short lines. Father started out in 1955. Son and grandsons now operate it. Over my 30 years there, I left a couple of times, always thought the grass was greener somewhere else. They actually had positions created for me a couple of times, and in my time there, I helped to open or relocate more than one of their facilities. And yes, they made me feel like one of the family.
Worked for a small business owner off/on part time for decades. He knew he could trust me with CDL truck driving, operating a backhoe, moving his equipment around. He always left a door open for me if I needed an extra couple paychecks. Treated me like family, too.
Unfortunately he passed a few years ago.

/ long time Kubota dealer #37  
Has to be Messicks. I've dealt with them in the past but I find Coleman's in Kansas City to be substantially less on shipping on the rare instance I need something my dealer don't have on hand and I cannot wait a week for.

If I can wait, I get it from my local dealer.

I order a lot of parts from Messicks but Coleman is very good for Kubota Wholegoods items (Messicks doesn't usually have them on their site). Bought a few heavy items from Coleman and the shipping was extremely reasonable.

/ long time Kubota dealer #38  
My local dealer (where I have bought 3 Kubotas) was bought out by Hoober, which is a larger regional chain in PA, MD, DE, and VA. Kept all of the staff and added some. So far Hoober has been as good as the old owners. When I was there a couple months ago, they had zero tractors on the lot but told me they were on course to set sales records for the second year in a row. People are still buying tractors apparently, just via backorder instead of shopping on the lot.

/ long time Kubota dealer #39  
Kubota was off my list for three reasons when I got my Kioti a few years ago.

Didn’t like the treadle pedals.

Didn’t like the price.

Dealer was going under in a messy divorce.
I see they’re back in business not, but the first two issues haven’t been addressed.

/ long time Kubota dealer #40  
My local dealer (where I have bought 3 Kubotas) was bought out by Hoober, which is a larger regional chain in PA, MD, DE, and VA. Kept all of the staff and added some. So far Hoober has been as good as the old owners. When I was there a couple months ago, they had zero tractors on the lot but told me they were on course to set sales records for the second year in a row. People are still buying tractors apparently, just via backorder instead of shopping on the lot.
Hoober is hands down the most customer oriented dealer I have ever encountered.

Last edited: