long time Kubota dealer

/ long time Kubota dealer #21  
My local family owned dealership sold out to an 7-8 location multi state outfit. Seems ok so far and they have a good line of rental equipment also.
The previous owners sure had a nicer showroom, it was wall to wall with "man toys" as they were also a Polaris ATV and snowmobile dealer.
They're hurting for inventory as well.

/ long time Kubota dealer #22  
My local family owned dealership sold out to an 7-8 location multi state outfit. Seems ok so far and they have a good line of rental equipment also.
The previous owners sure had a nicer showroom, it was wall to wall with "man toys" as they were also a Polaris ATV and snowmobile dealer.
They're hurting for inventory as well.
Everybody is. I've heard of people who "snow checked" sleds last spring because they couldn't find a new ride for last winter. Now they are being told they'll have to wait until at least March... I hope that manufacturers learn from the current chip shortage and take steps to prevent it from happening again.

/ long time Kubota dealer #23  
Jstpssng, I didn't know or even realize - do snowmobiles also have chips/computers in them now too?? It's been quite some time since I've been on one, but they never used to have/need computers built into them. I guess I didn't realize they'd be subject to the darn emissions rules also. If so, what another bummer.

/ long time Kubota dealer #24  
Jstpssng, I didn't know or even realize - do snowmobiles also have chips/computers in them now too?? It's been quite some time since I've been on one, but they never used to have/need computers built into them. I guess I didn't realize they'd be subject to the darn emissions rules also. If so, what another bummer.
Yes. I bought a bottom of the line Arctic Cat last year and tripped a code on a ride one day. I'm not sure what, as it reset when I shut the sled down.

/ long time Kubota dealer #25  
Local Kubota dealer had been the family business for 70 years sold out recently.
It will remain a Kubota dealership just different owner.

I knew the original owner. It was passed down to his son. Then to the grandson

Grandson isn't that old.. I guess he just got tired of the tractor business, or couldn't keep it going due to covid.

I was sure surprised when I went by yesterday and saw the ''Under New Ownership'' sign.

Any other tractor dealers in your area sold out to someone else recently ?
You referring to Texarkana Tractor renamed Red River Tractor?

/ long time Kubota dealer #27  
Every tractor dealer I know of (including mine) has an Aerquip crimping machine and rolls of bulk hose. That is terrible way to conduct business.

Actually, a trip to Tractor supply should garner you a new hose no issue. Lot cheaper too. No shipping, no waiting.

I see Messicks just built a new place. Looks nice but nice don't mean beans when your service goes to hell.
The closet tractor dealer is 60 miles from me as John Deere closed down a couple years ago from my area. I didn't realize tractor supply did hyd. hoses . I found out that Napa did them so that is where I ended up getting it done.

/ long time Kubota dealer #28  
I didn't realize tractor supply did hyd. hoses . I found out that Napa did them so that is where I ended up getting it done.
Some do, most don't and candidly, I'm not trusting of the competency of TSC employees anyway. Most TSC's will have pre made in stock hoses on the shelf of Chinese origin, not sure of the quality of them either. NAPA was a good choice, most have crimp machines and in stock hose as well. Bought a TSC stock length hydraulic hose for the rotator on my snow blower. It lasted 2 years and split. I wasn't impressed.

/ long time Kubota dealer #29  
Napa is freakishly expensive for hoses compared to a hydraulic hose company like Aaxion ( https://www.aaxioninc.com/ ), or whatever company is in your area that specializes in hydraulic hoses, but they are open on Sunday, and if I'm desperate, I'll pay what they charge so I can get back to work.

/ long time Kubota dealer #30  
Local Kubota dealer had been the family business for 70 years sold out recently.
It will remain a Kubota dealership just different owner.

I knew the original owner. It was passed down to his son. Then to the grandson

Grandson isn't that old.. I guess he just got tired of the tractor business, or couldn't keep it going due to covid.

I was sure surprised when I went by yesterday and saw the ''Under New Ownership'' sign.

Any other tractor dealers in your area sold out to someone else recently ?
Yes. Unfortunately that was the case with my local dealership. Went from being friendly and homey to cold and brusque. Unless you’re buying a $75,000 excavator, they don’t even want to talk to you. It’s why I bought a different color this time.