Local Tractor Dealer Recently Dropped Yanmar..

/ Local Tractor Dealer Recently Dropped Yanmar..
Back on topic ;)

I bought my Yanmar YT347 for 7K less than a Deere 4004R ( less HP BTW ) and about 4K less than a stripped down Kubota MX series. Deere was trying to sell me a 4044M for the same price I bought my YT347 for. The YT is a head and shoulders better machine than the 4044M. My dealer also threw in a 3rd function valve and some other goodies into the deal too.

I looked at Mahindra too but was turned off when I saw little puddles of oil below multiple tractors at a farm show I attended.

Maybe it was my local dealer but the Yanmar was several thousand dollars more than a comparable Deere or Kubota.

Mahindra should never be compared to Yanmar, Kubota or Deere quality wise. I was just using them as an example of the way they entered the US market.

td

/ Local Tractor Dealer Recently Dropped Yanmar.. #12  
Maybe it was my local dealer but the Yanmar was several thousand dollars more than a comparable Deere or Kubota.
I'd say it was your local dealer. The quotes I got from two different Yanmar dealers had a 5k difference.
Mahindra should never be compared to Yanmar, Kubota or Deere quality wise. I was just using them as an example of the way they entered the US market.
I couldn't agree with you more.

/ Local Tractor Dealer Recently Dropped Yanmar.. #13  
You guys are full of it.I have 2 mahindras and both are gteat tractors.

/ Local Tractor Dealer Recently Dropped Yanmar.. #14  
You guys are full of it.I have 2 mahindras and both are gteat tractors.
You obviously didn’t see my comment above. I went to a farm show and there was oil leaking from a Mahindra. At that same farm show there were tractors made by TYM, Kioti, JCB, Deere, Kubota, Yanmar, and Case. None of those machines were leaking oil on the floor. My Ford made in 1959 doesn’t even leak oil.

From a first impression, what would that tell the consumer about that brand of tractor ?

/ Local Tractor Dealer Recently Dropped Yanmar.. #15  
Our local New Holland/Case dealer, in business decades, dropped Yanmar about 2 yrs after I bought mine in 2011.

/ Local Tractor Dealer Recently Dropped Yanmar.. #16  

td

Your dealer was ripping you off or didn't know what they are doing. About two months ago I got YT359 with the normal options (3rd value front and back, tilt and pivot 3pt, etc). The price on it was 6K cheaper than the 4066R from Deere across the road and about 2K cheaper than the GrandL 4060 with the same features before any promotions. Now add the Yanmar promotion that takes right at 7k cash off the tractor and it wasn't even close.

And to behonest, I would pay a couple of grand more for the I-HMT tranny now that I have owned it. It is by far a better for all round tractor work (Mowing, Dirt, Loading, etc) then anything Deere or Kubota has.

/ Local Tractor Dealer Recently Dropped Yanmar..
Your dealer was ripping you off or didn't know what they are doing. About two months ago I got YT359 with the normal options (3rd value front and back, tilt and pivot 3pt, etc). The price on it was 6K cheaper than the 4066R from Deere across the road and about 2K cheaper than the GrandL 4060 with the same features before any promotions. Now add the Yanmar promotion that takes right at 7k cash off the tractor and it wasn't even close.

And to behonest, I would pay a couple of grand more for the I-HMT tranny now that I have owned it. It is by far a better for all round tractor work (Mowing, Dirt, Loading, etc) then anything Deere or Kubota has.

My dealer didn't rip me off because I didn't buy anything.

Just discovered something funny....

According to JD's website the Deere 4066R is made by Yanmar.....

td

Compact Utility Tractor | 466R | John Deere US

/ Local Tractor Dealer Recently Dropped Yanmar.. #18  
The opposite is happening where I live in Virginia. Kubota is dropping the little guys who don’t have fancy showrooms and focusing on big dealerships with big inventories.

My local dealer (great guys) got dropped by Kubota because they weren’t fancy enough for Kubota apparently, so they picked up Yanmar, Kioti, and New Holland. So I now have two Yanmar dealers and one Kubota dealer nearby.

They quoted me $22K for a new YT235 which I thought was a good deal for a premium 35hp Japanese tractor.

/ Local Tractor Dealer Recently Dropped Yanmar.. #19  
The opposite is happening where I live in Virginia. Kubota is dropping the little guys who don’t have fancy showrooms and focusing on big dealerships with big inventories.

My local dealer (great guys) got dropped by Kubota because they weren’t fancy enough for Kubota apparently, so they picked up Yanmar, Kioti, and New Holland. So I now have two Yanmar dealers and one Kubota dealer nearby.

They quoted me $22K for a new YT235 which I thought was a good deal for a premium 35hp Japanese tractor.

With Yanmar,Kioti and New Holland, you don't need John Deere.