Loaned tractor to daughter.

/ Loaned tractor to daughter. #22  
Before they were out of sight my wife was wanting to move something around in the yard that was too heavy to carry.

We live on a 1.1 acre lot. How much use can a 22-hp 2,000+pound tractor be? Well, enough that we have put two projects on hold. We are retired and can put off jobs. Our daughter is out of school for the summer and son in law had a few days off and they needed the tractor to get yard work done. So it is wheelbarrow and shovel time for me for at least another week. Not only my projects are on hold but three of my (tractor less) neighbors have jobs they need done that only can be done with a small tractor. We have used the little brute nearly every day for the past month or so. I foresee much seat time when the little Kioti gets home.

For now I am suffering from T.S.A. (Tractor Separation Anxiety)

RSKY
that's a good excuse to buy another tractor :) ... never can have too many

/ Loaned tractor to daughter. #23  
I used to be very specific with which 4-5 friends could potentially borrow the tractor ... they have experience and or money if there were issues.

I have adjusted my list down as 2 of them proved to me ... never again, their experience was insufficient. I'm glad that I could help them out, and nothing broke, but just not worth it.

now my list is
1) son in law - he knows more about tractors than I ever will, a farm kid
2) mechanic / farmer friend - he knows more about tractors than I ever will, also grew up on a farm
3) good friend / (heavy) equipment operator, career - he's a genius when it comes to operating equipment
4) good friend / all around mechanic handy-man - (new, since original list)

ALL of them are very capable, trustworthy, and able to do / pay for repairs

That's it. I need the equipment for my own use.

/ Loaned tractor to daughter.
I am receiving nearly daily texts with a picture of what my little Kioti is doing. Most pictures are taken from the seat with my daughter driving. She does the seat work, he does the shovel, chaining, directing. Kinda like my other son in law walking beside his tractor as my six year old grandson drives.

So yesterday that same grandson earned twenty dollars helping us work in the yard. He actually EARNED the money dragging bags of potting soil, getting down on his knees hand digging out dirt from transplant holes, dragging water hoses, etc.. Whatever we needed he was right there working. He especially helped his Granna once I explained that her back was giving her trouble. Tractor would have been very useful but had to use the Bad Boy with trailer attached. When we would take a break he would drive the mower all around the yard. We probably moved twenty plants around in the yard. Trying to make up for two years of no maintenance due to illnesses in both our families.

When we took the grands home the first words out of my daughter's mouth were, "Oh my, you stink, go get in the shower! What have you done with him this time?"

Life is good.

RSKY