Loaned tractor to daughter.

/ Loaned tractor to daughter. #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Before they were out of sight my wife was wanting to move something around in the yard that was too heavy to carry.

We live on a 1.1 acre lot. How much use can a 22-hp 2,000+pound tractor be? Well, enough that we have put two projects on hold. We are retired and can put off jobs. Our daughter is out of school for the summer and son in law had a few days off and they needed the tractor to get yard work done. So it is wheelbarrow and shovel time for me for at least another week. Not only my projects are on hold but three of my (tractor less) neighbors have jobs they need done that only can be done with a small tractor. We have used the little brute nearly every day for the past month or so. I foresee much seat time when the little Kioti gets home.

For now I am suffering from T.S.A. (Tractor Separation Anxiety)

RSKY

/ Loaned tractor to daughter. #2  
Before they were out of sight my wife was wanting to move something around in the yard that was too heavy to carry.

We live on a 1.1 acre lot. How much use can a 22-hp 2,000+pound tractor be? Well, enough that we have put two projects on hold. We are retired and can put off jobs. Our daughter is out of school for the summer and son in law had a few days off and they needed the tractor to get yard work done. So it is wheelbarrow and shovel time for me for at least another week. Not only my projects are on hold but three of my (tractor less) neighbors have jobs they need done that only can be done with a small tractor. We have used the little brute nearly every day for the past month or so. I foresee much seat time when the little Kioti gets home.

For now I am suffering from T.S.A. (Tractor Separation Anxiety)

RSKY
I know how you feel. I live on a 10 acre city farm and a friend borrowed my tractor for what I thought was a going to be a day. 5 days later I called him and told him, to bring it home. I found that I use the tractor about every day. At least he has not asked to borrow it any more!

/ Loaned tractor to daughter. #3  
Good people loan thier stuff out. Maybe they'll like it so much, they'll get there own. :unsure: I don't even own a compact tractor....

/ Loaned tractor to daughter. #4  
I have loaned my 4320 to my daughter end of April. and I have set up visitations with it every few days lol 😆. I have the 4700 at my place. but its scheduled to go back to the dealership soon . I have mentioned to her it's just a loaner lol.

/ Loaned tractor to daughter. #5  
I would be hesitant, no adamantly opposed to lending my tractor.
Generally people that borrow a tractor don't know how to use or care for one.
I hope you get it back undamaged.

/ Loaned tractor to daughter. #6  
My daughter and SIL wanted to borrow my truck to move. I told them it was a package deal. The same goes for the tractor. For now, none of the kids live anywhere that my tractor would be of any use.

/ Loaned tractor to daughter. #7  
I know how you feel. I live on a 10 acre city farm and a friend borrowed my tractor for what I thought was a going to be a day. 5 days later I called him and told him, to bring it home. I found that I use the tractor about every day. At least he has not asked to borrow it any more!
One thing that really gets my goat, is someone that is willing to stop what they are doing to go borrow something but will not stop what they are doing to return the item.

/ Loaned tractor to daughter. #8  
One thing that really gets my goat, is someone that is willing to stop what they are doing to go borrow something but will not stop what they are doing to return the item.
Or they break it in two and let you keep both pieces.

/ Loaned tractor to daughter. #10  
I would be hesitant, no adamantly opposed to lending my tractor.
Generally people that borrow a tractor don't know how to use or care for one.
I hope you get it back undamaged.
Ain't that the truth. Watched the guy across the road on a borrowed from his son in law's JD mid sized hydrostat attempt to fill the loader with dirt in high range. Made me grimmace so I went over and showed him how to change ranges. He still beat on it anyway.

I don't 'loan' any of my equipment to anyone, ever.