Loader valve Question

/ Loader valve Question #1  

tractordriver

Bronze Member
Tractor
mahindra 3525
I Am putting together a loader and want to know what valve is better a series or parallel valve. I would like to be able to use both valves together. I am looking at these two valves at surplus center. Surplus Center Item Detail
Surplus Center Item Detail
Thanks in advance for any help.

/ Loader valve Question #2  
If you want to work both functions at the same time, you will want the valve with the parallel circuit.

/ Loader valve Question #3  
tractordriver,

Welcome to TBN.

Better advice comes from including better information. I did not see what kind of tractor you were building the loader for nor the type of hyd system that your tractor has. What RonMar said is correct in direct answer to your question, however note that the valve that you indexed does not have a power beyond function. If you are putting this valve in series with another valve (ie. 3 pt) there could be a problem with applying too high of pressure on the return side of the valve. There have been several posts that discussed that sometimes even factory loaders have been plumbed incorrectly to attach a second valve to the return line of the loader valve.

RonMar, this is the problem that you have mentioned in several posts about valves limiting the return line to 500 psi. Is this one such valve and situation?

I am assuming the 10 gpm is adequate for your needs, but it would seem to me that Surplus Center Item Detail for example, would be a better choice. I know that it is more expensive, but it is better to buy once than be unhappy with your cost cutting choice. Just my opinion.:D

Mike

/ Loader valve Question #4  
MJPetersen said:
RonMar, this is the problem that you have mentioned in several posts about valves limiting the return line to 500 psi. Is this one such valve and situation?

Mike

You are correct. As to this valves ability to deal with backpressure, the manufactures specs would have to be consulted. But in my experience most all monoblick valves are back pressure limited.