Loader Settling

/ Loader Settling #1  

KuboB1200

Folks,

I have a 1995 Kubota B2100 with an LA 301 loader that the loader has recently began to settle. The bucket is fine, but the loader cylinders settle and it's apparent with a load in the bucket. The loader will settle with the engine running and no load (nothing in the bucket) requiring that I reposition the loader every few minutes. It will also settle in the reverse, like when I lift the front wheels off the ground by lowering the loader all the way.

All other hydros work fine.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot to see if it's the cylinders or valve body?

Thanks,

Kubo

/ Loader Settling #2  
Not unless you have a lot of tools and hydraulic fittings.

depending on how old the set up is it may just be the spool valve if its the four function valve-gimballed etc.

The spring centered gimbal valve if it has this is a wear part and it may need new springs and seals (if available) as it would be leaking back through the valve to tank.

If you have a hydraulic repair shop nearby you can remove the hoist cylinders after blocking the bucket up with some 4 by 4's and and have them tested and that will tell you if they are bypassing, and if not its the valve body. Just be sure to catch all the oil and dispose of it properly.

So much of it depends on the duty cycle of any hydraulic cylinder.

The valve bodies wear out and don't let any one tell you differently, the spools are close tolerance steel machinings and are a gravity fit if using the standard spool valves and they CANNOT BE REBORED AND REUSED as the casting tolerances are already warn and beyond tolerances!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the spool end seals can be replaced as can the springs but the whole thing is a wear part period.

If you use the loader a lot take the cylinders off and have them tested for bypass and have them repacked if needed and if the boom still drops quickly the valve body or complete gimbal system must be replaced.